Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Living In Victoria BC

Living In Victoria BC

Old Nov 12th 2012, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Seanygreens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living In Victoria BC

Hi my wife and I have recently moved to Victoria from Berkshire my wife is Canadian and I am English. We have no kids (yet) and both are early 30s. We are living with my wifes family at the moment but it would be good to maybe meet other people maybe in our position etc. Or if there is somewhere that Britexpats hang out?! I am a greenkeeper still looking for work I enjoy golf, my wife works in events. We both enjoy walking and having a laugh. I thought I would send this out as we dont have children and It would seem that they act as good ice breakers or in turn put people in positions where they would meet other people easily.

Anyway this feels weird lol so I shall leave it at that

Cheers
Old Nov 12th 2012, 11:37 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living In Victoria BC

http://www.meetup.com/cities/ca/bc/victoria/

Note the 20s and youthfull 30s group a little down the page.

Last edited by JonboyE; Nov 13th 2012 at 12:21 am.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Thanks we will give that a look :-)
Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

susieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Seanygreens
Hi my wife and I have recently moved to Victoria from Berkshire my wife is Canadian and I am English. We have no kids (yet) and both are early 30s. We are living with my wifes family at the moment but it would be good to maybe meet other people maybe in our position etc. Or if there is somewhere that Britexpats hang out?! I am a greenkeeper still looking for work I enjoy golf, my wife works in events. We both enjoy walking and having a laugh. I thought I would send this out as we dont have children and It would seem that they act as good ice breakers or in turn put people in positions where they would meet other people easily.

Anyway this feels weird lol so I shall leave it at that

Cheers
Hi

We moved to Victoria in the summer. If our small kids don't put you off (!), we'd love to meet up sometime.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud of

Come up to Sidney sometime, we're 30's, no kids, but you have to like cats'n'dogs
Also check out the Bitvic group on Facebook.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

loety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really nice

Hi,
We moved to Victoria in January.We are in our 30's.If you like to meet up,let me know
Loetitia
Old Nov 14th 2012, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Cheers for the response guys. As soon as we get our selves a little more sorted I shall PM you all and we can sort something out. Cheers
Old Nov 16th 2012, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PaulandNikki
Come up to Sidney sometime, we're 30's, no kids, but you have to like cats'n'dogs
Also check out the Bitvic group on Facebook.
Hi, we're in Sidney too, quiet innit!!!
Old Nov 17th 2012, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud of

Mostly quiet, which is nice. It only gets noisy when we are out in town, which is rare (although we shall be down the Dickins this evening).
Old Nov 17th 2012, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

Mostly quiet, which is nice. It only gets noisy when we are out in town, which is rare (although we shall be down the Dickins this evening).
Ahh, thats a pub we've not been to yet. we're near iroquios park and tend to go to bars near the ocean (or Boondocks for rough!!)
Old Nov 18th 2012, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

The waterfront pubs are pretty terrible, no atmosphere, just old people eating boiled cabbage and waiting to die. Although that covers most of Sidney really.
Dickens is pretty rough-and-ready, much younger crowd and they stay open until 2am.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

The waterfront pubs are pretty terrible, no atmosphere, just old people eating boiled cabbage and waiting to die. Although that covers most of Sidney really.
Dickens is pretty rough-and-ready, much younger crowd and they stay open until 2am.
Gulp That horrible moment when you realise that you're a new "Tweenie"
Me an OH are way too young to play with the Octo's (we havnt got a 4 wheeler dragmaster with Canadian flags on poles yet- S**T) and we're too old to play with youngsters (I'm 51, feel the breeze if I go out in a short skirt and T.shirt!) Your right about the seafront pubs tho- and the cabbage
Old Nov 19th 2012, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

tilly1626 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by luvmeboys
Gulp That horrible moment when you realise that you're a new "Tweenie"
Me an OH are way too young to play with the Octo's (we havnt got a 4 wheeler dragmaster with Canadian flags on poles yet- S**T) and we're too old to play with youngsters (I'm 51, feel the breeze if I go out in a short skirt and T.shirt!) Your right about the seafront pubs tho- and the cabbage
I feel we are in the same boat, I moved to just outside of Sidney last Tuesday from Oakville, GTA, OH has been here since July did abit of shopping in Sidney on Saturday so busy found it hard to get a parking spot
Old Nov 19th 2012, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Jackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant future

Hi
We have also just moved to Sidney, but with three children. Sidney is lovely and quiet...we knew it would be having been here six years ago on our first attempt at emigrating. Now back and settling in well.
Been a hard slog waiting for immigration to sort their act out. My husband got his medical clearance in July so he came out then and we had to wait until the middle of October before the children and I got our good to go. 20 weeks on air mattresses had so lost its appeal by the end.
Anyhow been following the site for so long but this is my first post. Be nice to catch up with other local to us here in Sidney.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tilly1626
I feel we are in the same boat, I moved to just outside of Sidney last Tuesday from Oakville, GTA, OH has been here since July did abit of shopping in Sidney on Saturday so busy found it hard to get a parking spot
You can park in Tulista all day for free

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.