Reload this Page >

Living in Mckenzie Towne SE, hoping to meet new people

Living in Mckenzie Towne SE, hoping to meet new people

Old Jun 20th 2014, 12:01 am
Just Joined

Chalky84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in Mckenzie Towne SE, hoping to meet new people

Hi,

I moved here August 2013 with my husband and 7 year old daughter. My husband works and I'm not at the moment as have some courses to sit before I can find work. We're hoping to meet some couples with children to perhaps meet up and have a beer or coffee. I'm a RN and my husband works in construction, our daughter is 7 and we enjoy socializing, my husband loves football and we love days out in the mountains and camping. Get in touch if you'd like to meet up :-) thanks Charlotte
Old Jun 20th 2014, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

MovALot has a spectacular aura aboutMovALot has a spectacular aura aboutMovALot has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Living in Mckenzie Towne SE, hoping to meet new people

Hey Chalky84 I see you are in Mckenzie town, myself, my gf, 5 year old and black lab are all coming over in late July (we are early 40s) from Perth. I am interested to know your opinion of where you live as it was on our list of possible places.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chalky84
Hi,

I moved here August 2013 with my husband and 7 year old daughter. My husband works and I'm not at the moment as have some courses to sit before I can find work. We're hoping to meet some couples with children to perhaps meet up and have a beer or coffee. I'm a RN and my husband works in construction, our daughter is 7 and we enjoy socializing, my husband loves football and we love days out in the mountains and camping. Get in touch if you'd like to meet up :-) thanks Charlotte
Just sent you a PM
Old Jun 20th 2014, 8:04 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine the suburbs of Perth, but the ocean has been replaced by mountains and all the temperatures have a "-" sign in front of them...
Old Jun 20th 2014, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

MovALot has a spectacular aura aboutMovALot has a spectacular aura aboutMovALot has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Steve_
Imagine the suburbs of Perth, but the ocean has been replaced by mountains and all the temperatures have a "-" sign in front of them...
Hahahahaha @ Steve, yes we are well aware of the temps, we are coming for 3 years on TWP, so if the snow and cold are too much we will just head back to the Sunny climate

Looking forward to the cold (I know seems strange) but being from the UK we have missed Xmas in the cold (bbqs and heat with Santa hats is weird).
Old Jun 20th 2014, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MovALot

Looking forward to the cold (I know seems strange) but being from the UK we have missed Xmas in the cold (bbqs and heat with Santa hats is weird).
When you get snow in June, you'll change your tune
Old Jun 20th 2014, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jericho79
When you get snow in June, you'll change your tune
I was there in Banff one year on a visit and left Calgary bright sunshine t-shirt weather and then in Banff 2 inches of snow, I know what you mean!
Old Jun 21st 2014, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

Never mind the snow and sun, it's the thunderstorms and hail you need to watch out for in June...i drove right through the middle of tonight's one out Strathmore way!