Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

living the dream

living the dream

Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

jossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default living the dream

Hiya everyone

Well!!! we have arrived in Canada and hopefully can soon start to live the dream. Me and the kids arrived on Saturday (hubby went two weeks before us) The farewells were heart breaking and the flight was a bit of a nightmare, sitting behind a middle aged family who had no idea how hard it was travelling with three kids on your own, they tutted and huffed at everything my two year old did.
I know it is early days but I really feel that we are going to be very happy here!!! Hubby loves his job which he never did in the U.K. We are car and house hunting at the moment, kids are loving the weather and hanging out on the beach and i am just happy that everyone else is happy......
Would love any advice or information from anyone who lives in he Okanagan area and thank you to everyone who has give me advise throughout this whole process
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:56 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: living the dream

Welcome to Canada Jossie and family

You managed very well taking 3 kids on a plane on your own so forget all about the moaning minnies on the flight.

Hope you all enjoy your new life in BC
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jossie
Hiya everyone

Well!!! we have arrived in Canada and hopefully can soon start to live the dream. Me and the kids arrived on Saturday (hubby went two weeks before us) The farewells were heart breaking and the flight was a bit of a nightmare, sitting behind a middle aged family who had no idea how hard it was travelling with three kids on your own, they tutted and huffed at everything my two year old did.
I know it is early days but I really feel that we are going to be very happy here!!! Hubby loves his job which he never did in the U.K. We are car and house hunting at the moment, kids are loving the weather and hanging out on the beach and i am just happy that everyone else is happy......
Would love any advice or information from anyone who lives in he Okanagan area and thank you to everyone who has give me advise throughout this whole process

Fantastic news, we are really pleased for you.

Please give me a call once you are settled in so we can catch up
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya everyone

Well done - just remember to change your location on your status!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya everyone

Hi Jossie

Whereabouts did you end up in the Okanagan? We recently moved into a house in Kelowna so if you are in that area give me a shout via pm and i will give you any info i can.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:45 am

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news, Hope it all goes well for you.

OC
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:39 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done on getting yourself and three kids there in one piece.

Enjoy BC
Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:17 am
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

Brother moved to Salmon Arm 5 years ago, 10 acres, just loves it.

Don't worry about House Prices, they are going to keep increasing in that region.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

jossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone

Really appreciate it!!!! just need to buy my own little piece of Canada now!!! and complete my to do list. And apply for my driving theory etc, etc........ Oh yeah and have that nervous break down I promised myself at the beginning of this process (if I can fit it in)
Speak to you all soon
Old Jul 31st 2007, 3:48 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone

Really appreciate it!!!! just need to buy my own little piece of Canada now!!! and complete my to do list. And apply for my driving theory etc, etc........ Oh yeah and have that nervous break down I promised myself at the beginning of this process (if I can fit it in)
Speak to you all soon
Welcome to Canada, jossie.

Please feel free to have your nervous breakdown after you have changed the location in your profile, as live to ski also suggested.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry about that just got caught up in the moment!!!!! hope that is O.K thanks for reminding me
Old Jul 31st 2007, 4:08 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about that just got caught up in the moment!!!!! hope that is O.K thanks for reminding me
Thanks.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
We're in Kelowna - whereabouts are you?

Have you tried the accessokanagan website to make contacts?

Try http://www.accessokanagan.com

Welcome!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

The Welshman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Welcome to the Valley.
You will live the dream here, but there will be ups and downs when you settle.
The list of thing todo will seem long, but you'll get the thing ticked off and then enjoy the place.
If there are question, or anything we can help with, "PM" us.