Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Little Mosque on the Prarie.

Little Mosque on the Prarie.

Old Jan 11th 2007, 12:16 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Little Mosque on the Prarie.

Anyone else enjoy this show?
Old Jan 11th 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Little Mosque on the Prarie.

Originally Posted by dbd33
yes
Old Jan 11th 2007, 12:35 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure yet. The idea is an amusing one but it will need to develop beyond what was in the first episode or the same joke will just get recycled.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 12:45 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Not sure yet. The idea is an amusing one but it will need to develop beyond what was in the first episode or the same joke will just get recycled.

Yeah, still I liked that the best joke wasn't about race but about that dodgily male guy from Toronto and his wimp drink.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:01 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, still I liked that the best joke wasn't about race but about that dodgily male guy from Toronto and his wimp drink.
It is not unknown for Souvette to put ice cream in her coffee if we've run out of milk.

Her take on the show was that it is mainly about small-town Canadian attitudes. I think it will need to be. The muslim/terrorist joke will get stale quite quickly.

How are your property deals going BTW? I haven't been paying much attention to BE recently.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

I couldn't watch it, the trailer seemed so unfunny.
The belly button joke - it's just bad.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:16 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

It was alright... Its no "trailer park boys" but it has potential for a canadian home grown effort. Wasnt good enough for me to watch the repeat the next day.

They will have to be carefull it doesnt get too one dimensional.

My wifes comment was that it reeks of some governement sponsored plan for us to all have a laugh and get along in some utopian multicultural paradise.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:30 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Souvenir
How are your property deals going BTW? I haven't been paying much attention to BE recently.
Done. We're moving in mid-February. It'll be, er, different.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:32 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

We're moving in mid-February.
Oh, that will be fun. :scared:

Congrats.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:33 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by iaink
My wifes comment was that it reeks of some governement sponsored plan for us to all have a laugh and get along in some utopian multicultural paradise.
I thought it might be terribly worthy but didn't find it to be so. Of course, I am in the multicultural utopian paradise. Through much of it I chuckled at the number of posters here who want to move to Canada to get away from immigrants; I don't suppose they expect Somali coffee servers in Saskatchewan.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:34 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh btw, when and what channel is this show on? Do I need to have cable?
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Oh, that will be fun. :scared:

Congrats.
Thank you. I'm nervous. I haven't lived on a septic system for years and when I did I broke it.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:35 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it might be terribly worthy but didn't find it to be so. Of course, I am in the multicultural utopian paradise. Through much of it I chuckled at the number of posters here who want to move to Canada to get away from immigrants; I don't suppose they expect Somali coffee servers in Saskatchewan.
LOL! True. Good luck with the move and your upcoming "new life"
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Oh btw, when and what channel is this show on? Do I need to have cable?

CBC. No cable needed.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by iaink
LOL! True. Good luck with the move and your upcoming "new life"
Thank you. I'm surprised to hear that we need a second dog for this but apparently it's essential.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.