Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Listening to UK Radio Stations online - Does it work in Canada

Listening to UK Radio Stations online - Does it work in Canada

Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Listening to UK Radio Stations online - Does it work in Canada

Hi,

Can anyone tell me please if you can listen to Uk Radio Stations online in Canada.

I have been told no due to broadcasting rights / restrictions but would like to know if it is possible by people now actually in canada.

Below is a link to wave105 in Hants if you could try it for me or let me know if there are any you can & cant recieve if there is such a list.

Cheers

http://www.wave105.com/Article.asp?id=61462
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Listening to UK Radio Stations online - Does it work in Canada

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Hi,

Can anyone tell me please if you can listen to Uk Radio Stations online in Canada.

I have been told no due to broadcasting rights / restrictions but would like to know if it is possible by people now actually in canada.

Below is a link to wave105 in Hants if you could try it for me or let me know if there are any you can & cant recieve if there is such a list.

Cheers

I can't hear that station - I get the "I'm sorry...you're not in the UK" recording instead, but I regularly listen to BBC radio stations online from over here.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:44 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

you need to find a uk proxy server and put that IP address into your IE settings.

There is one listed here to try if it helps anyone? http://www.proxy4free.com/page1.html

Last edited by Danny B; Jun 7th 2007 at 2:46 am.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

a1anm is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Cheers

i'd imagine if they are blocked you just use a proxy server, this way they don't know your location. If you google it you'll find hundreds of them.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:50 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Can't get it through Shaw either - did try searching on real player and there were no stations matching the key words. I listen to BBC Radio 2 all the time though.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:51 am
Canadiain

Notiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud of

There are radio stations in Canada too you know....A chap called Marconi built the 1st one here some while ago!

But if you must cling to the bosom of the motherland, proxy servers will get you anywhere that IP filtering would otherwise prevent you going. This was discussed here recently

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=455040

Last edited by Notiaink...honest; Jun 7th 2007 at 2:54 am.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Danny B
you need to find a uk proxy server and put that IP address into your IE settings.

There is one listed here to try if it helps anyone? http://www.proxy4free.com/page1.html
Hi. can you explain to a simple person (like me ) who has no idea what a proxy server is. I have been trying to watch my old local tv station for news but it now tells me im not in the uk so i assume this will help me get it back!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:58 am
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Can't get it through Shaw either - did try searching on real player and there were no stations matching the key words. I listen to BBC Radio 2 all the time though.
We listen to radio 2 online every day! Who do you like Piff poff? We listen to Steve Wright, Chris Evans and Russell Brand!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:16 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise033
We listen to radio 2 online every day! Who do you like Piff poff? We listen to Steve Wright, Chris Evans and Russell Brand!

You can't beat a bit of ask Elvis!!! If I feel like a good argument then Jeremy Vine can be good and I will even tune into Wogy much to hubbies disgust and if I've listened to them the Chris works well for me too. Living in Red Deer we are lucky if we hear anything newer than 1987 or Brian Adams so Steve Wright does bring a bit relief!!

I've had Radio 2 on when there have been workmen in the house and they have gone away with the link they were so impressed.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks very much for all the answers it really is appreciated even the sarcastic ones......will be excused this time only with being a fellow reds fan....
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Notiaink...honest
There are radio stations in Canada too you know....A chap called Marconi built the 1st one here some while ago!

But if you must cling to the bosom of the motherland, proxy servers will get you anywhere that IP filtering would otherwise prevent you going. This was discussed here recently

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=455040
is there DAB there then Mr Marconi.....
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:27 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

is there DAB there then Mr Marconi.....
Not Mr Marconi but the answer is yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital...casting#Canada
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Not Mr Marconi but the answer is yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital...casting#Canada
YEE HAA Excellent and thanks......BUT if you bring a DAB radio with you is there a Diff in frequency or is it the same as here in UK (providing it works on the voltage etc)

i.e. will it work.

TA

PS Some FANTASTIC Photos on you site Steve by the way.

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Jun 7th 2007 at 3:34 am.