Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

In limbo and hating it!

In limbo and hating it!

Old Mar 15th 2009, 2:34 pm
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice
Default In limbo and hating it!

I hate this feeling of being in limbo. Currently waiting to hear whether twp application has been successful and it could be anything up to another 6-8 weeks before we hear. In the meantime, I hate the waiting, it is driving me nuts. I hate not knowing if we are going, it is the uncertainty that is the worst thing to deal with.

We have spent the weekend clearing out, charity shopping and putting stuff on ebay but I don't feel that we can do much more than that (if the application isn't successful we will continue with the sale of the house and move into rented whilst we look at our options).

It is such a bizarre time right now, even at the shops I'm looking at things like big packs of washing powder wondering whether to buy them or whether to get smaller ones so we don't end up with wastage (I know that sounds really stupid).

I just want to know where we will be and what we will be doing and the not knowing is a killer.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In limbo and hating it!

Not wishing to burst your bubble- if you think you are in limbo now, wait until you get here!

Seriously unless you have a job or enough $ to support your self, its going to be a hard transition.

I wish that somebody had been honest enough with us in 2002, cos we would have stayed in the UK.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 3:30 pm
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

Jobs and supporting ourselves isn't an issue, that is more than covered if we get the twp.

Edited to add that we have a continuation of income and will be working within days of getting there, will just take a couple of days to get our SINs and a car, hope to be actually physically at work within three days so that wouldn't be an issue.

Last edited by Sleeping_Beauty45; Mar 15th 2009 at 3:34 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sleeping_Beauty45
Jobs and supporting ourselves isn't an issue, that is more than covered if we get the twp.
good luck to you...

we are in limbo this way canada to uk.

OH is losing his job( along with thousands) in ONtario only been with the firm 25yrs..(gulp)
Old Mar 15th 2009, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Good because thats a really big thing!! It can add to so much stress!

The best thing is not to think about it, then the envelope will arrive when you least expect it!! Keep your pecker up!

Old Mar 15th 2009, 3:39 pm
In limbo!

Originally Posted by dewdrop
good luck to you...

OH is losing his job( along with thousands) in ONtario only been with the firm 25yrs..(gulp)
Good luck with the move back, I hope he finds employment back home very quickly.

Originally Posted by shelley748
Good because thats a really big thing!! It can add to so much stress!

The best thing is not to think about it, then the envelope will arrive when you least expect it!! Keep your pecker up!

Thank you. It is hard not to think about it really, because our whole life is on hold - for example, the school has just sent out the letters about booking the summer holiday club (they are very early this year they normally do that Easter time) and I just don't know whether to reserve their places or not (can only reserve with payment in full), I think it was that that brought it all home to me really, just how on hold our lives actually are.

We wouldn't have moved without continuation of employment/income given the current economic climate, it is really difficult right now - the world over.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Sleeping_beauty
We know how you feel. We are waiting for repeat med results to be completed and sent back to CHC. Adding on approximately 10 weeks to our time. We are keeping busy with the original plans and staying positive.

Hope all goes well for you and like us hope the time passes quickly and all goes smoothly.

Keep positive

Mandy & Kev
Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dear Dewdrop

Sorry to hear that- where are you in Ontario? Its tough for sure at the moment.

good luck to you...

Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trophy
Hi Sleeping_beauty
We know how you feel. We are waiting for repeat med results to be completed and sent back to CHC. Adding on approximately 10 weeks to our time. We are keeping busy with the original plans and staying positive.

Hope all goes well for you and like us hope the time passes quickly and all goes smoothly.

Keep positive

Mandy & Kev
with you on this Op and trophy its hell the waiting and uncertainty it drives you insane I feel like detonating!
same baot as trophy for us a 3 month delay due to dodgy meds which is an almighty shock we were almost at the finishing line

plus we have been here almost a year now with no work permit and we love it so very much
Old Mar 15th 2009, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shelley748
Dear Dewdrop

Sorry to hear that- where are you in Ontario? Its tough for sure at the moment.

we are just west of you by 1hour...
Old Mar 15th 2009, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good luck with the move back, I hope he finds employment back home very quickly.

Thank you. It is hard not to think about it really, because our whole life is on hold - for example, the school has just sent out the letters about booking the summer holiday club (they are very early this year they normally do that Easter time) and I just don't know whether to reserve their places or not (can only reserve with payment in full), I think it was that that brought it all home to me really, just how on hold our lives actually are.

We wouldn't have moved without continuation of employment/income given the current economic climate, it is really difficult right now - the world over.

We feel the same way with sports registrations this year? soccer(football) and summer camps...do we, don't we? will be nice to look at something electrical too, and say YES, we can buy that...

Our move date isn't set in stone...its all with what's going on with the company he works for? so its the waiting game..but in the meantime we are painting house, and clearing out the junk!

where are you planning on moving too? or did I miss that in the post?

I am worried about UK schooling for our 3children...always a worry!
Old Mar 15th 2009, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Dewdrop
I hope all goes well for you. We are sorry to learn of your situation.

Best wishes and take care
Mandy & Kev
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:24 pm
In limbo!

We feel the same way with sports registrations this year? soccer(football) and summer camps...do we, don't we? will be nice to look at something electrical too, and say YES, we can buy that...

Our move date isn't set in stone...its all with what's going on with the company he works for? so its the waiting game..but in the meantime we are painting house, and clearing out the junk!

where are you planning on moving too? or did I miss that in the post?

I am worried about UK schooling for our 3children...always a worry!
It is funny how we are all doing it in reverse, I was thinking today I could do with booking the kids into summer camp in Canada but obviously I don't know whether we are going to be there. We are hoping to move to the GTA in July.

We are also doing the clearing the junk thing, I officially have no clothes left in my wardrobe, I cleared four wardrobes into one today - I had clothes in there older than my kids lol!

I can understand about you worrying about the schooling, again I am worried in reverse, I think it is the fear of the unknown. My kids all go to a fantastic school here, we are very very lucky with that.

Can I ask, why are you moving back is it purely because of your job loss or don't you like it there?
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of interest, why are you not applying for TWP at POE? Just wondered why you'd decided to wait as it seems you just want to get out there!

Hope you hear soon.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

It is funny how we are all doing it in reverse, I was thinking today I could do with booking the kids into summer camp in Canada but obviously I don't know whether we are going to be there. We are hoping to move to the GTA in July.

We are also doing the clearing the junk thing, I officially have no clothes left in my wardrobe, I cleared four wardrobes into one today - I had clothes in there older than my kids lol!

I can understand about you worrying about the schooling, again I am worried in reverse, I think it is the fear of the unknown. My kids all go to a fantastic school here, we are very very lucky with that.

Can I ask, why are you moving back is it purely because of your job loss or don't you like it there?
I was just going to ask you the same questions....along with a million more

I'm originally from the UK, hubby is CND, and 3 children cnd but british by descent thru me. i came here when i was little,(you may find some of my posts if you do a search)? but mainly UK-heritage/family, absolutely hate the Canadian winters(we still have some snow lying about), can't really see myself here for a lifetime, no jobs here really as in the UK but might as well be there and seeing family the odd second or two..haha... 90% of family is in the UK so have missed out on loads.

Ok, i could ramble on and write war and peace...

Getting back to what u said, I am also feeling its unknown territory...still a culture shock none the less. even when we holidayed in UK, it was fab never had a problem but that was a holiday.

Hey! Why don't we swap houses then? lol

Where are u situated in the UK? and how come U are leaving?

What with summer camps for your children alot do it on a weekly basis so they won't miss out. Its more for big sporty things like soccer(football, baseball) etc.

I only just peek in the 'Canada forums' from time to time..usually we're in the 'want to move back to the uk' forum.

so happy to help if you have any questions!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.