Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Life been Naff

Life been Naff

Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

debbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to all
Default Life been Naff

Hi All,

Not been on for a while as i have spent the last week in hospital with my little girl (10 almost 11) . Long story but she is out now although very weak and im very tied but what it has done is give us time to think about our pending move to Canada , We have had no luck what so ever with our house so have now offered to pay stamp duty as an incentive , Hopefully that will bring people through the door !! We are now wondering what the hell will happen should we decide next month when we visit that Canada is 100% for us !! Its so hard knowing what you want but with the state of the housing market in the UK it could squash all our dreams and plans

We are now all ready for interview just waiting for the criminal records to come back , Has anyone else been in the situation where you have been offered employment but are awaiting to sell up in the UK??

Hope everyone is well got loads to catch up on !!

Bye for now x

Debbie
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:47 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life been Naff

Originally Posted by debbieeasby
Hi All,

Not been on for a while as i have spent the last week in hospital with my little girl (10 almost 11) . Long story but she is out now although very weak and im very tied but what it has done is give us time to think about our pending move to Canada , We have had no luck what so ever with our house so have now offered to pay stamp duty as an incentive , Hopefully that will bring people through the door !! We are now wondering what the hell will happen should we decide next month when we visit that Canada is 100% for us !! Its so hard knowing what you want but with the state of the housing market in the UK it could squash all our dreams and plans

We are now all ready for interview just waiting for the criminal records to come back , Has anyone else been in the situation where you have been offered employment but are awaiting to sell up in the UK??

Bye for now x

Debbie
Best wishes for your daughter hun, her families love will get her through (and failing that probably a new WII game, some jewellery and her mates!)

Yes Debbie I can relate to the above, we just went anyway and it was tight for a while so we only had a small rental whilst paying the mortgage too.

Its not all about a big house and being mortgage free - that can come in time

My philosophy is that life is too short to hold back - just go for it

Last edited by mandymoochops; Sep 8th 2008 at 8:50 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:19 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debbie, sorry to hear about your daughter, I hope she (and you) feel 100% soon.

We didn't sell so haven't got any tips to hand out, just a hope that the house will sell soon.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:20 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes for you all .... it's things like that that put a perspective on life. Don't delay. If it feels right, go for it!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Bye for now x

Debbie
Hi Debbie,

Really sorry to hear about your daughter but pleased to hear she is recovering. Hope you feel a bit more chipper soon yourself. Sounds like you are doing all you can to encourage interest in the house - fingers crossed it has the desired effect. We suspect you are far from alone among the British Expats community in terms of being held back by the UK housing market situation.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

getoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Bye for now x

Debbie
Hi Debbie best wishes to you and your daughter. Take you time and don't rush things. It look's bleak at present but everything can change so quickly. It took us 3 years to get here after we got residency so pick you time. No rush timing is everything!!!!!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:37 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debbie,

Glad that your daughter is on the mend, it must have been a worrying time for you all.

We too are in the same situation as you with the house, just hoping that when time starts to become an issue for us that it might sell

Good luck
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

NatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Life been Naff

Has anyone else been in the situation where you have been offered employment but are awaiting to sell up in the UK??

Hi Debbie

Hope your daughter is 100% very soon.

We are in the exact same boat - we've had a nightmare agent to boot and have had zero offers. I've knocked 25k off my home and still no takers. (Apparently 8 months ago my house would have been snapped up!).

However on Saturday we had two viewings within an hour and this was with our new agent of a few days....the people viewing said they'd not seen our house up for sale (it had been up for sale for 8 weeks!) so go figure that out.

Upshott is - we are desperate to sell our home and be in Canada within the next month or so. I was hoping not to send my kids back to the school they are in (born out by the fact my daughter was strangled by a headlock by a boy on the first day back - and we are in what is said to be the best area of our town!!). I know I cannot do anything else to my home except slash prices and the buyers out there are pretty cute at the moment (as I would be).

There is a buyer out there for everyone - that is what I am staying positive with. If we get an offer that looks stable my husband will probably go out before us and set up everything for when we go (also take the dog as landing with 4 of us plus the dog and Kennel and then trying to get a big enough rental to get across to the Island seems a bit of a mare in itself!).

So CHIN UP - we can do this right!

It is bloody frustrating and it takes the wind out of your sails, I know but soon we'll be there and sighing hopefully a happy sigh of relief!

Take care - hugs and stuff

Nats
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

coolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NatsnSid
Has anyone else been in the situation where you have been offered employment but are awaiting to sell up in the UK??

Hi Debbie

Hope your daughter is 100% very soon.

We are in the exact same boat - we've had a nightmare agent to boot and have had zero offers. I've knocked 25k off my home and still no takers. (Apparently 8 months ago my house would have been snapped up!).

However on Saturday we had two viewings within an hour and this was with our new agent of a few days....the people viewing said they'd not seen our house up for sale (it had been up for sale for 8 weeks!) so go figure that out.

Upshott is - we are desperate to sell our home and be in Canada within the next month or so. I was hoping not to send my kids back to the school they are in (born out by the fact my daughter was strangled by a headlock by a boy on the first day back - and we are in what is said to be the best area of our town!!). I know I cannot do anything else to my home except slash prices and the buyers out there are pretty cute at the moment (as I would be).

There is a buyer out there for everyone - that is what I am staying positive with. If we get an offer that looks stable my husband will probably go out before us and set up everything for when we go (also take the dog as landing with 4 of us plus the dog and Kennel and then trying to get a big enough rental to get across to the Island seems a bit of a mare in itself!).

So CHIN UP - we can do this right!

It is bloody frustrating and it takes the wind out of your sails, I know but soon we'll be there and sighing hopefully a happy sigh of relief!

Take care - hugs and stuff

Nats
:curse:
hi there we are in the same boat hubby got job had medical cant sell house so renting it my older son as he is the navy so he cant come with us.shame hope we here soon as its doing my head in so we all will hang in there together where in canada are you going
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

debbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to all

Hi there,

We are torn at the moment it will either be Saskatoon or Alberta but will make our minds up after our visit next month . Where will you be going??

We are not in a position to rent it out as the rent would be to high plus couldnt imagen someone coming in and trashing our house , Our home is worth £300,000 got it up for £275,000 and stamp duty paid so if that doesnt help god only knows what we will do ! Bloody Gordan Brown !!

Debbie
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

coolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the rough

Hi there,

We are torn at the moment it will either be Saskatoon or Alberta but will make our minds up after our visit next month . Where will you be going??

We are not in a position to rent it out as the rent would be to high plus couldnt imagen someone coming in and trashing our house , Our home is worth £300,000 got it up for £275,000 and stamp duty paid so if that doesnt help god only knows what we will do ! Bloody Gordan Brown !!

Debbie
hi deb we are moveing to ontairo as my hubby as job in toronto but is getting me so mad as job there but we still here in sunny blackpool well not raining againhave you been told how long you have to wait after med for them to ask for passports. hope its not to long now. son as to go back to school as hes 13 and my 23 year old is renting my house for ayear with is girlfreind.cheers coolmum1
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Thank you everyone for you kind wishes ,

My daughter finally had sleep last night so is on the mend poor thing ! The bags under my eyes are just getting bigger ha ha .

Hubby and i sat down last night and talked about what we would do should we not sell and Canada falls through i cried and cried !! Say no more we are in the process of applying in the UK for senior schools for my daughter next year and well our catchment school achieved a whole 19% success rate last year so as you can all imagen , Not getting to Canada is not an option !!

Could really do with some buddies right now , You have all been my life line and i know we have to believe that there is light at the end of this very very long tunnel ... Right moan over now .

Have a good day everyone , Im off for some retail therapy tomorrow cant wait recently lost 3 stone and its the first time in years ive been shopping for me size 14 here i come !!

Debbie
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

NatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of light

Have a good day everyone , Im off for some retail therapy tomorrow cant wait recently lost 3 stone and its the first time in years ive been shopping for me size 14 here i come !!

GO DEB! WELL DONE FOR THAT!

I need to lose some poundage before heading to Vancouver Island - I want to be able to put the old me behind me so to speak - so embarking on a diet errrr tomorrow! I keep putting it off for something or other but really need to get my arse in gear - I keep thinking "medicals" that should keep me on the straight and narrow!

Yep positive vibes all round - WE WILL GET THERE!! WE WILL!!

(We've been asked to complete forms for secondary school already - I so don't want to be sending them to ones in the UK (the ones near me that is!) - I hope that im outta here sharpish!).

Have a goodun

Nats
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NatsnSid

GO DEB! WELL DONE FOR THAT!

I need to lose some poundage before heading to Vancouver Island - I want to be able to put the old me behind me so to speak - so embarking on a diet errrr tomorrow! I keep putting it off for something or other but really need to get my arse in gear - I keep thinking "medicals" that should keep me on the straight and narrow!

Yep positive vibes all round - WE WILL GET THERE!! WE WILL!!

(We've been asked to complete forms for secondary school already - I so don't want to be sending them to ones in the UK (the ones near me that is!) - I hope that im outta here sharpish!).

Have a goodun

Nats
good luck with medical nats you will fly though them had mine nothing come back so must be ok when you got them
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:04 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

We are in the same boat - Had house on market since March no offers, Estate Agent was crap ( putting it mildly) Both myself and hubby have jobs waiting. We were hoping to be in Vancouver island bythe begining of September for the kids starting back at school. My son who is 11 was due to start senior school here in Septemeber and I didnt want to have to go out and buy the whole uniform e tc etc for the sake of 2 weeks - plus its a big change for him to start senior school to then have to move again to another new school a few weeks later. I have had to give up on not sending him to school as we are stiill here in the UK and waiting for my bloody TWP - so cost me over £100 last week for his new uniform, and I have got to be in Vanc for 7th Oct for my nusring exam - so yeah what a waste of money!!!

House - We have decided to rent it out now - although it wont cover our full mortgage and we will have to send some money back to cover fee's and top up mortgage we have decided this is the only was we can go. We also convinced ourselves that its not a bad idea as should things not work out ( you just never know) and we have to come back to the UK, with the housing and mortgage situation as it is, its highhly unlikely we would be able to get a mortgage again ( hubby has been self employed for 5 years) and neither of us would have been working in UK recently. so at least we would have ahome to come back to. If all goes well we will look to sell again in 3-4 years.

So in a large nutshell - your not alone, theres a few of us pulling hair out atthe situation in the UK atthe moment - plus we have the great slap in the face which is that as a result we now have a crappy exchange rate to deal with - oh Joy - where the light in this tunnel??????? lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.