Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Landing in East GTA in 3 weeks

Landing in East GTA in 3 weeks

Old Jun 26th 2009, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Bailies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing in East GTA in 3 weeks

Well the shippers are here, moving out today and staying with relatives for a couple of weeks until we fly Dublin to Torono on 16th July. We have relatives in Ajax Ontario that we are staying with until we sort jobs and get our own house but would love to hear from anyone who lives in the East GTA area who has tips on securing employments or settling in general.
We have read the wiki articles and been applying unsuccessfully for a few months now to anything that has been advertised but now that the final run is here we will start phoning around and then hit the streets looking for work when we arrive.
I am a project manager with an IT company but willing to give anything suitable a go and my husband is in sales / delivery and again will try anything so any leads or advice much appreciated.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 1:40 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing in East GTA in 3 weeks

Sorry cant help on the job front. BUT
East Toronto is were we have lived for the past 6 months and we love it here. I havnt posted for a while due to work comitments but we both have a few days off as we off to Ottawa tomorow with the lads soccer team, and we have had a few in the nearby Kelsies so forgive my grama....
Any how east side of the city is best place i thinks, the property prices are afordable for one and plenty to do, easy access to the city either by 401 or for us we use Kingston and then Danforth Ave / Bloor into the centre.
The weather is brill now, it 26-30 every day with a thunder storm every 4 days ish, i am writing this sat on the front porch with a bottle of Lager, its still 18c out ere. Not got bit yet, im doin well.
Hope you get over ok and find a job asap. Best of luck guys.
Regards Mag and coolmum.

Last edited by magnumpi; Jun 27th 2009 at 1:42 am. Reason: uuu