Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

landing at bc wednesday, christmas presents, goods accompanying, but unused???

landing at bc wednesday, christmas presents, goods accompanying, but unused???

Old Dec 19th 2011, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: landing at bc wednesday, christmas presents, goods accompanying, but unused???

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
I'm sorry, I hadn't read whatever the previous post is. I just find it frustrating when a means of information such as this forum - which I found hugely useful for answering questions when we were deep in the process of immigration - can be effectively rendered unavailable to genuine seekers of answers by sarcasm and aggression. Just because we have already been through the process of moving to Canada and coming through it relatively unscathed, doesn't mean others who still have to make the same journey don't have the same fears and trepidations I certainly had.
I completely agree and though Im not looking for validation or kudos or being vane maybe the Immigration Section answers and threads I participate in might be a shock to some BE readers who have this bad ass by the rules kind of guy perception. Im ok with that Ive got thick skin
Old Dec 19th 2011, 3:44 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: landing at bc wednesday, christmas presents, goods accompanying, but unused???

Hey PIkey

Aviator has already answered the op question at the start of the thread with all the info req.

This is British expats and knowing that the question was promptly delt with the sarcasm and jokes can begin soon after. Its just a bito fun, lighten up a bit and enjoy the fun.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 3:54 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Hey PIkey

Aviator has already answered the op question at the start of the thread with all the info req.

This is British expats and knowing that the question was promptly delt with the sarcasm and jokes can begin soon after. Its just a bito fun, lighten up a bit and enjoy the fun.
I'm afraid I don't remember immigration as being a whole lot of fun - especially single handed and with kids.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 4:09 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
I'm afraid I don't remember immigration as being a whole lot of fun - especially single handed and with kids.
When we arrived 2am in Dec 2008 the 24 hour car rental office was closed. We spent our first night in Toronto sleeping at the airport. With a kid and 7 cases.
We thought that was funny. All depends on your outlook in life i guess.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 4:48 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I answered the OP very professionaly in another thread however that is for the OP to decide if the info I gave was indeed relevant to the several requests for info I gave them.
and i read and appreciated it, with thanks

Originally Posted by MillieF
Very best of luck TJ, kids plus bags and flights are a bloody nightmare - I would hate to undertake it without dh - I wouldn't have anyone to blame when something went wrong! Hope your first Christmas is memorable for all the nicest of reasons
yeah, tell me about it. but i have booked special assistance because my 11yo has aspergers so the noise etc of the airport may all be a bit much for him and he may meltdown - i swear its like walking on a knife edge all the time with him, anyway he will be ok, im working on positive thinking! luckily when we dropped dh off at the airport two weeks ago we had a good look around and familiarised him with it, so altho it was upsetting it was useful from that POV. no idea how ill drag 4 wheely sacks, 4 hand luggage and push a pram, but dd is very helpful bless her and as i said once we are in airport we will get help with stuff like that.

just wanted to say, yes i am panicking, its a massive thing to do by yourself with 3 kids, add in all the stress of moving house, planning the most important "holiday" of your life and the worries of leaving family behind etc.
i really appreciate all the help and support from BE over the last few years and i will get back online asap to help others in the same boat, i usually enjoy the frivolity, if you cant laugh at it you are really in trouble but i needed information to enable me to prep the relvant docs, have done that now and hopefully it will be sufficient and ill just pay duty on the pressies if i have to. so thank you all for your contributions id genuinely like to spend the evening in the pub with most of you

finally a big whoop for the lovely peeps at pickfords who have today ( shipping people booked for TOMORROW!!!) finalised my reduced quote and reduced still further the insurance for me to fit my screamingly tight budget. as long as they dont lose/ break anything they will get a glowing reccomendation from me! above and beyond the call of duty!
Old Dec 19th 2011, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

And now all together Kumbaya (Kumbuyah) and dont burn those marshmallows or wieners
Old Dec 19th 2011, 8:24 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

theres no pleasing some people
Old Dec 19th 2011, 8:52 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck. You're lucky - it's quite mild here at the moment.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Mhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the rough

Hey TJ

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck with your journey and your new life ahead. We downloaded some movies on the laptop and made sure the PSP was fully charged for the trip when we did our landing and that worked perfect.

Am planning to do the same when I am going over with the boys for good in March. So nervous with the whole move and saying goodbyes. Have gone to book the tickets 3 times now but can't get myself to press the last enter button to confirm, as that will be the final date and no changing mind about date changes etc etc. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh now all of a sudden everything is happening too fast.

BON VOYAGE and keep us updated