Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Landed poe & landrovers!!!

Landed poe & landrovers!!!

Old Jul 7th 2013, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

franfluff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landed poe & landrovers!!!

Hiiii we finally made it!!!!! My hubby flew out 1 week before us because sadly my little girl got scalded with hot tea 3 days before we were finally set to fly, 2nd degrees burns meant she wasnt fit to fly, healed beautifully now btw! So my husband landed with his LMO and applied fir his Work Permit on POE, no problems there and hot it straight away, i followed him out with a copy of his LMO and a copy of his work permit, again v straight foreward! My husband took the dog, he flew via KLM who requested the dog had all its vaccinations ip to date including rabies and a fit to fly report from the vet, they charged $200 to fly, $35 on landing to say she was fit! She traveled fine and no mess in the kennel ( she is nervous of strange environments but traveled v well) ok the 2 landrover defenders also arrived in our 40Ft container, got charged fir inspection in montreal port $1500 and that was it, customs asked v stricked questions n told my hubby if he didnt like what he said he would send them back without even looking but all ok so got charged another $900 import tax which we can claim back when we get permanent residency! Also they had performance springs which lifted them but nothing was said about that, they just needed a road safety which they passed no probs and be registered, plates and tax! So we get allot of people approaching us as they looove the landys! Hubbys set up a group page on facebook called LandRover Owners North America, have only seen 1 rangerover & 1 discovery thats it in 5 weeks!!!! Hubby will hopefully pass his trucking test ( allot different to uk one) and start work the following week! We looove it here and the community is great, hate the mosquitos & woodticks but that is it, we feel like we have " come home" xxxxx just thought i would update ( ps my hubby got upgraded to business class from amsterdam to toronto, jammy git, free of charge) i flew via usa so i wouldnt need to apply for visa untill i got to my canadian poe which is manitoba winnipeg! Now we can start living the dream xxx thanks for everyones help
Old Jul 7th 2013, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Landed poe & landrovers!!!

Not tax but insurance lol
Old Jul 7th 2013, 4:47 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

I remember the discussion on your landrovers from a while back. Glad you got them through OK.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by james.mc
I remember the discussion on your landrovers from a while back. Glad you got them through OK.
Yes very glad we got them too
Old Jul 7th 2013, 6:53 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franfluff
have only seen 1 rangerover & 1 discovery thats it in 5 weeks!!!!
That must be because you're in Manitoba. There are lots around here.