Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Labour day weekend

Wikiposts

Labour day weekend

Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:04 pm
squarepants

Default Labour day weekend

What is everyone up to this labour weekend weather permitting, is it the usual BBQ, or up to the cottage? We are thinking of going up to beach in barrie, or grand bend, but there is a possibility that it might be packed, may be we will just end up spending a night in Toronto.

Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:11 pm
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Labour day weekend

Originally Posted by squarepants
What is everyone up to this labour weekend weather permitting, is it the usual BBQ, or up to the cottage? We are thinking of going up to beach in barrie, or grand bend, but there is a possibility that it might be packed, may be we will just end up spending a night in Toronto.

No, just a normal weekend, and back to work on monday..
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by liftman
No, just a normal weekend, and back to work on monday..
Come on you guys!!!!!! Watch the World Cup Hockey game - on right now!!!!
Score - Canada 2 - Russia - 0 - REALLY GREAT GAME!!!!!

LET'S ALL SHOW SOME PATRIOTISM!!!!!!
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:17 pm
squarepants

Lifty......back to work on Monday, how come? Hockey you say willmore? It bores me to death, can't stand the damn game, still mad at england letting 2 goals in within 2mins against Austria. David James ex liverpool, enough said

Originally Posted by willmore
Come on you guys!!!!!! Watch the World Cup Hockey game - on right now!!!!
Score - Canada 2 - Russia - 0 - REALLY GREAT GAME!!!!!

LET'S ALL SHOW SOME PATRIOTISM!!!!!!

Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Bit shite really, missus has to work the monday, and then afterwards, 10pm, gotta drive the dirt mobile couple hrs to the in-laws for an early appointment to finally get that exhaust fixed tueday morn... hmmm...
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:40 pm
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=squarepants]Lifty......back to work on Monday, how come? QUOTE]

Look at my location.

No Labour Day in the UK.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lifty......back to work on Monday, how come? Hockey you say willmore? It bores me to death, can't stand the damn game, still mad at england letting 2 goals in within 2mins against Austria. David James ex liverpool, enough said
It's really a male sport - I never watch hockey unless Canada is in the Stanley Cup or when the World Cup Hockey is on.....otherwise.... I leave
it to my husband!!!!

But just in case you just may care.....Canada 3 - Russia - 1. Canada is now 3-0 - next game on Wednesday!!!! Great game!!!!

Last edited by willmore; Sep 4th 2004 at 1:31 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Talking Re: Labour day weekend

[QUOTE=liftman]
Lifty......back to work on Monday, how come? QUOTE]

Look at my location.

No Labour Day in the UK.
Well, just another great reason to move to Canada!!!!
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:46 pm
Just going for Holidays

Well, just another great reason to move to Canada!!!!

But we did have a three day weekend last week . No good reaseon, just another bank holiday.

But I agree... Canada here I come!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Not to make anyone envious, but I've got 52 long weekends in a year: I only work 4 days a week and still make between 45 and 50 hrs. Truckdriver, eh.
Yeah, I know, I should have studied in order to end up in a proper job.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 2:18 am
squarepants

I missed your location, I thought you were in Nova Scotia, show how much attention I pay eh Yes....it was carnival weekend last week in London ( uk ), the usual razmattaz on the streets of nottinghill, sheperds bush, et al, with wallets disappearing :scared:

Originally Posted by liftman
But we did have a three day weekend last week . No good reaseon, just another bank holiday.

But I agree... Canada here I come!

Old Sep 5th 2004, 5:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Toontje
Not to make anyone envious, but I've got 52 long weekends in a year: I only work 4 days a week and still make between 45 and 50 hrs. Truckdriver, eh.
Yeah, I know, I should have studied in order to end up in a proper job.
Nothing wrong with being a truck driver.....we have a couple of friends who do that for a living and they make good money in Canada. The biggest problem is the amount of time away from the family - sometimes money doesn't solve all your problems.

Are you a long distance driver or what?
Old Sep 5th 2004, 5:13 am
squarepants

There is everything wrong with bein a truck driver, they try and blow you off the hwy,and they never seem to stay in their lane

Nothing wrong with being a truck driver.....we have a couple of friends who do that for a living and they make good money in Canada. The biggest problem is the amount of time away from the family - sometimes money doesn't solve all your problems.

Old Sep 5th 2004, 5:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

No I do distribution work in the Netherlands and Belgium. I deliver dog- and cat-food to pet shops and a wide range of medical supplies to (mainly) hospitals and pharmacies e.g. surgical steel, liquids for kidney dialysis and for infusions, respiratory systems, surgical clothing, the ordinary pills and powders. And sometimes we deliver condoms to wholesale houses and to the red light district too.
Don't ask me about the details. I know everything about pallets, bags and boxes, but I know nothing about their contents!
I get up at 3.30 am every day and start work at 4.45 (I'm a slow starter, I need half a pot of coffee before I realise that I'm awake). And the daily work is done when my lorrie is empty, usually around 5 or 6 pm.

BTW I send you an email

Last edited by Toontje; Sep 5th 2004 at 5:34 am.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 5:39 am
squarepants

Sound like we have a match See things can happen on BE, when you are least expecting it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.