Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

La poutine mmmh

La poutine mmmh

Old Mar 23rd 2010, 7:31 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: La poutine mmmh

Originally Posted by SambaDeAmigo
Poutine is delicious! probably high on the calorie count but it tastes good
probably
KFC big crunch sandwitch with poutine and a coke is about 10000 calories IIRC!

Seriously, the poutine is the highest calorie item at that bastion of healthy eating KFC!!!!

By a mile! 970 cal, 54g of fat and 2610mg of sodium!

Once in a while is often enough for me!

Last edited by iaink; Mar 23rd 2010 at 7:35 pm. Reason: Added some scary facts
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 8:19 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iaink
God no

http://i.ehow.com/images/a05/7b/qg/c...ng-800X800.jpg

Ideally they should be so fresh they squeek. Not likely to happen if you are buying in the city though.

Whatayaknow....according to the internet chicken is perfectly OK...live and learn! Plus you can make your own fresh cheese curd
Unless veggie gravy is acceptable poutine can never be kosher.

BTW, if you want to restore the squeak to your curds a very quick nuke in the microwave will do it.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 8:33 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, did I say kosher, I meant pukka
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, did I say kosher, I meant pukka
Now that would be a meal, a pukka pie with poutine.

Code Blue!
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Among those I know who will put anything in their mouths the poutine at New York Fries is considered to be the best widely available.
My eight year old daughter would agree, she loves the New York Fries stuff! (I do keep it to a very occasional treat )
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rach_woz99
Mmmm - awful stuff but I do love it
.......a pub 3 blocks from my house, does a very delicious beef gravy poutine Mmmmm.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:00 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

God no

http://i.ehow.com/images/a05/7b/qg/c...ng-800X800.jpg

Ideally they should be so fresh they squeek. Not likely to happen if you are buying in the city though.

Whatayaknow....according to the internet chicken is perfectly OK...live and learn! Plus you can make your own fresh cheese curd
So that's why the curds I buy from Sobeys are called Squeakers You learn something everyday! Oh yes and all three of us like poutine
Old Mar 24th 2010, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

Best one I ever had was on Bury market in England!

My GF thinks im a weirdo for loving poutine with loads of ketchup on it as well!
Old Mar 25th 2010, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

smog73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dannyg1001
Best one I ever had was on Bury market in England!

My GF thinks im a weirdo for loving poutine with loads of ketchup on it as well!
We love Poutine, along with Beaver tails its one thing we really look forward to every time we go to Canada. We even have "poutine Night" when weve got back to the uk - we buy lots of sachets of mix from St Huberts to make up when we are feeling the need for comfort food. Sad life isn't it!!!
Old Mar 26th 2010, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

nkpldnmtl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I have no clue where any of you are based but if you're in and/or ever in Montreal, the best place to go, hands down, is La Banquise on the corner of Rue Rachel E and Rue de Parc-Lafontaine. I've never met a Montrealer who didn't say the same. Even Anthony Bourdain agrees... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEcat...eature=related (actually that whole episode is worth watching).

I managed to resist the Quebecois force feeding me this for 6 years, refusing on principle, until I finally cracked when I was drunk and cold one night. Haven't looked back since.