Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Kiwis living in Canada

Kiwis living in Canada

Old Jul 6th 2010, 10:14 am
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of
Default Kiwis living in Canada

Any Kiwis living in Canada? (I only know of Kiwilass and hope she will contribute )

If so, where in NZ are you from and where are you based now? Do you prefer Canada or NZ and WHY?

I'm also posting a similar thread in the Kiwi corner (Canadians living in NZ).
Old Jul 6th 2010, 5:23 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiwis living in Canada

Hi!

There have been threads on this recently - there was one in the NZ forum about 2 months ago with some good responses from Canadians living there. I posted there too.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 5:29 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

thanks a lot, I'll have a look.
typical, i go offline for a couple of months and miss all the important stuff
Old Jul 6th 2010, 5:38 pm

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=Canada
Old Jul 6th 2010, 5:48 pm

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=Canada

and another. You will notice one of the posters from the first thread I posted has reversed their position in this thread...it's from when they hadn't been in NZ that long.

I was at a barbie of expat kiwis and their canadian partners on Sat night. For some reason it's normally kiwi man + canadian woman so we're the oddity, but anyway, as we all got drunker, we were discussing which country is more welcoming to immigrants. One of the Canadian women had lived in NZ for 8 years, around the same amount of time as I have here in BC. We both agreed Canadians are more welcoming and accepting of immigrants. NZers aren't as open.

Living standards wise, Canada over NZ any day.

Everything else is subjective

Last edited by ExKiwilass; Jul 6th 2010 at 5:53 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 7:51 am
happy daisy

thanks Kiwilass for all your help. we spent all of last night reading the threads - very interesting. it is such a difficult descision to make. we have PR for NZ and will have our CA visas in a couple of months. we have been torn between the two (Christchurch surrounds vs Calgary surrounds) for a long, long time and change our minds every other day. i think we will be happy wherever we go and will make the best of our situation, so i guess it boils down to job opportunities for my hubby. i have a feeling we will go for canada ... we'll see, but we have to decide very soon as we plan to leave England around November this year.

thanks again for helping
Old Jul 7th 2010, 3:04 pm

You're welcome.

I love both countries, so I don't think you can go wrong really...just depends what you want out of life.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 3:12 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

KL.....Do people say "Hey whats that accent, are you from England" in Canada
Old Jul 7th 2010, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi
KL.....Do people say "Hey whats that accent, are you from England" in Canada
Sometimes.

More often they ask if I am an Aussie. When I say no, they say, "oh, that's good"