kilt question

Old Mar 11th 2006, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Fiona Shearer has a spectacular aura aboutFiona Shearer has a spectacular aura aboutFiona Shearer has a spectacular aura about
Default kilt question

hi! just a question about my husband bringing his kilt etc to canada. he has a sporran that is made of real seal pelt (i myself am not impressed but that is another issue) and was wondering if there are any laws or regulations about bringing it into the country.
any info would be appreciated. thanks.
fiona
Old Mar 11th 2006, 7:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kilt question

Originally Posted by Fiona Shearer
hi! just a question about my husband bringing his kilt etc to canada. he has a sporran that is made of real seal pelt (i myself am not impressed but that is another issue) and was wondering if there are any laws or regulations about bringing it into the country.
fiona
Surely not, the import regulations have to do with endangered species and Canada doesn't consider seals endangered. Quite the reverse in fact; seal clubbing is an important skill one must demonstrate for the citizenship exam.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

JezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really nice

fiona
Considering the position of the sporan, I would be a lot more concerned about being hit in the nuts by an over zealous seal clubber
Old Mar 11th 2006, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO, very good!!!!

QUOTE=JezHarper]Considering the position of the sporan, I would be a lot more concerned about being hit in the nuts by an over zealous seal clubber [/QUOTE]
Old Mar 12th 2006, 12:41 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Big Al has a kilt? And what's he doing married to someone with a poncy name like Fiona?
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

fiona
Shouldn't think it a problem.My own Sporran is I am told, of Canadian Beaver... ...though I suspect it's probably immitation. Bought it here as part of my wedding attire...including a Canadian made Kilt (material imported from Scotland) in my own clan tartan. Did consider importing a sporran from Scotland of seal skin and enquiry revealed their would be no problem in doing this. Decided on the basis of cost effectiveness to just buy one here.

The origin of my sporran pelt did induce more than the odd chuckle when this was explained to many of the guests at my wedding last year...genuine 'Seal' pelt did not have the same 'ring' to it....

Last edited by macadian; Mar 12th 2006 at 1:19 am.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 4:29 pm
pkc
Forum Regular

pkc will become famous soon enough

fiona
Not sure about laws/regulations but my sister and I both inherited alligator (crocodile?) purses from our Gran. My sister left hers in the UK for fear of it being seized and her being fined. I brought mine over in our luggage and, although I felt like an evil smuggler, our luggage wasn't searched (and is unlikely to ever be) and the question didn't come up. I suppose it all depends what your conscience will let you do or how comfy you feel with taking a possible risk...
Old Mar 12th 2006, 10:09 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

God your husband must be brave wearing a kilt in Canada's weather!!! the age old question of what you wear under a kilt brings many pictures!! lol

Kelly
Old Mar 13th 2006, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

glenlivet is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: kilt question

Originally Posted by kellydrew
God your husband must be brave wearing a kilt in Canada's weather!!! the age old question of what you wear under a kilt brings many pictures!! lol

Kelly

..And the age old answer is ...

Nothing is worn under the kilt. Everything is in perfect working order.

BOOM BOOM.