Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

kettles why dont they boil water well

kettles why dont they boil water well

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 3:28 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kettles why dont they boil water well

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Shouldn't that be "surly"?
or even 'surely'

Surely Shirley turned surly.

Last edited by Aviator; Nov 3rd 2008 at 3:30 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

treehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nice

I always forget that most electric kettles don't automatically click off in Canada. Fortunately I haven't scorched my relatives counter tops yet, but it's surely only a matter of time...
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

My "friend" has something else that behaves rather like that.

Shouldn't that be "surly"?
I can be surly if you like, but I thought I was evolving.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:24 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
or even 'surely'

Surely Shirley turned surly.
Are you the only Aviator in the world who's never seen "Airplane'? Or read the thread properly?
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:05 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Are you the only Aviator in the world who's never seen "Airplane'? Or read the thread properly?
Myabe he doesn't have clearance Clarence
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:11 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Myabe he doesn't have clearance Clarence
Roger, Roger.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

LotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary

The stove-top kettle in my furnished townhouse works so well that, if I was buying a kettle tomorrow, I might very well go for a stove-top model. It's basically guaranteed to work. What could possibly go wrong?
x
I can tell you what can go wrong....

You forget to put the whistle bit on it when you put it on to boil. Then you go away and forget that you put the kettle on.... eventually it boils dry.

Guess how I know...
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 8:17 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Are you the only Aviator in the world who's never seen "Airplane'?
Not sure what that has to do with the thread, but I have a vague recollection of an aeroplane. I may be the only aviator who has not read the thread properly though. Reading is always a challenge, they print those darned approach plates so small these days. Still at least the runways are big and have lights to lead you in and the nice people on the ground tell you which way to go. If you fly long haul you never know who is up front looking after you.

Last edited by Aviator; Nov 3rd 2008 at 8:28 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:05 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LotteW
I can tell you what can go wrong....

You forget to put the whistle bit on it when you put it on to boil. Then you go away and forget that you put the kettle on.... eventually it boils dry.

Guess how I know...
Aah .......

Thanks for the tip.
x
Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:55 am
River

River is an unknown quantity at this point

These kettles switch off when the water boils, if you are not sure about the water have you ever thought of getting a candy thermometer and putting it in the water by trying it over the edge of the kettle and reading it when the kettle switches off.

1.7 Litre Automatic Cordless Electric Kettle Proctor Silex K4070