Kelowna

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kelowna

Originally Posted by mkmurrays
I know. It's all white stilettos and crop tops. Even in this weather. The girl will catch her death.
..but can you imagine the size of bag we'd need for our 4 stone puppy....?!!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

..but can you imagine the size of bag we'd need for our 4 stone puppy....?!!
Oh yes i've seen the photographic evidence.

We went to Big White yesterday and there was a girl showing off lots of bare flesh around her middle, up the bloody mountain in sub zero temps for gods sake, then when we got back to Kelowna there was a guy walking in short sleeves and shorts, i kid you not!!!!!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 4:38 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
That was when I was to be going to Kelowna, you need all the friends you can get in that place lol.
True though, he did leave around the time I started.
Good friends are hard to find

R.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Good friends are hard to find

R.
Now that I do agree with.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Now that I do agree with.
What are you implying? That I'm not really a true friend? After all these years?
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Of course not, honey, how can you suggest such a thing after all these years.

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 9th 2007 at 1:05 am. Reason: Please don't discuss actions matters occurring on other forums.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

hello to the original poster.

i dont' know why i keep hearing people have to be RICH to live in Kelowna......my husband had lived there for over 19 years before we moved here to the island. Many people i know live there surviving on average wages.....some just above the minimum wage........and doing quite well.

i realy liked Kelowna..and still do..there are many opportunities to be had there work wise ...beautiful scenery...and lovely freindly people.

we are not the go out partying all night kind of folks....but we had a small circle of friends we would do things with and.....regardless of what others say....there seems to be always something happening somewhere near by you can go to if the mood strikes you.

and of course the ski hill is close by.....a beautiful place to go to for a drive in summer aswell....the view is breathtaking.

never had a problem with the school system there either..have a 17 year old and a 9 year old..both have done well in the schools.....i also found it to be not that far from vancouver..or go the other way you have revelstoke...and other outer areas that are a great place to visit for weekends...etc.....i think Kelowna is fairly central to some great places.

i think people can only talk from their own experiences....just because one sees it one way..doesnt' mean it is the only way....this has been my experience...and i wanted to share it with you!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
hello to the original poster.

i dont' know why i keep hearing people have to be RICH to live in Kelowna......my husband had lived there for over 19 years before we moved here to the island. Many people i know live there surviving on average wages.....some just above the minimum wage........and doing quite well.

i realy liked Kelowna..and still do..there are many opportunities to be had there work wise ...beautiful scenery...and lovely freindly people.

we are not the go out partying all night kind of folks....but we had a small circle of friends we would do things with and.....regardless of what others say....there seems to be always something happening somewhere near by you can go to if the mood strikes you.

and of course the ski hill is close by.....a beautiful place to go to for a drive in summer aswell....the view is breathtaking.

never had a problem with the school system there either..have a 17 year old and a 9 year old..both have done well in the schools.....i also found it to be not that far from vancouver..or go the other way you have revelstoke...and other outer areas that are a great place to visit for weekends...etc.....i think Kelowna is fairly central to some great places.

i think people can only talk from their own experiences....just because one sees it one way..doesnt' mean it is the only way....this has been my experience...and i wanted to share it with you!
Hi, and with all the experience six months gives you, I'd say it's a pretty balanced view too.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Hi, and with all the experience six months gives you, I'd say it's a pretty balanced view too.
umm dont' know where you get 6 mths from......i actualy lived there before this year, before i returned to australia and i was more speaking about my husbands experience than mine when it comes down to it....but like i say....

each persons experience and view on things differ...
Old Dec 4th 2007, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

I meant relying on MY all of six month's experience.......
Old Dec 4th 2007, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

I meant relying on MY all of six month's experience.......
oh!!..LOL..well there you go!

just goes to show how things can be read differently on the net!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Yep, I wasn't crystal clear!
Interested to see your views too!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Yep, I wasn't crystal clear!
Interested to see your views too!
i also worked there for a while..it WAS min wage..but i didnt' care...it was all experience..i was also offered another job in health care..with 3 weeks annual leave to start with.....the wage was near double of min wages. but we then moved to the island....i am earning more money now...and also...once i start part time with them..will have 6 weeks annual leave straight up! things can be a little different depending where you are.

But in saying that i think all things balance out....some things are good and positive and some things not so..i think each person has to decide for themself what is valuable to them.....higher wages.? geography..? lifestyle? etc etc.....
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by printer
Oh yes i've seen the photographic evidence.

We went to Big White yesterday and there was a girl showing off lots of bare flesh around her middle, up the bloody mountain in sub zero temps for gods sake, then when we got back to Kelowna there was a guy walking in short sleeves and shorts, i kid you not!!!!!!!
Hi
No your not kidding, we saw a guy it was whiteout conditions walking down the highway in shorts in Naniamo on Sunday can you hullicinate in those conditions wouldnt have believed it if I hadnt seen it with my own eyes
Old Dec 5th 2007, 4:51 am
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of

Thanks to everyone who has offered their point of view on my original post. It's really good and helpful to have your opinions!

C2006

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.