Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Keeping spirits up

Keeping spirits up

Old Oct 30th 2011, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Keeping spirits up

Originally Posted by Alberta_Rose View Post
Has your wife tried applying for any jobs in Calgary? We have PT's who are here on Temporary Work permits, some of whom are awaiting PR.....

http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/216.asp They say they will have people are have OR ARE IN THE PROCESS OF Permanent Residency

These are the current nursing jobs advertised just for the Calgary Health Region: http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/su...sing_title.htm
Thanks for the tip.

We're going to get our PR application in first and then take stock. My wife is only just returning to work here at the moment, and as she's not qualified as a general nurse (only child branch), she'll probably have to do loads of study, so we'll look at things then.

This does being up another question, but I'll put that in the nursing forum.

Cheers
Old Oct 31st 2011, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

justie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to all
Default Re: Keeping spirits up

Originally Posted by kirstybowles View Post
Funnily enough I did the same thing today.
I googled the area and then had a walk round like yourself feeling homesick!

It's been 4 and a half years since we applied and although we now have our PR and landed in Jan we still had to return here and wait to sell the house x

We did however go to the pumpkin patch with the boys just yesterday and had a lovely time we carved them today it passed the time very well x
Hi
we are in the same boat as you, March 2007 we applied, danced for joy when we got our PR summer 2010, landed last May, never imagined we would still be trying to sell our house. Waiting just never seems to end. I haven't tried looking up areas on you tube, might have a peep. Must admit the wait is dragging me down lately probably because a sale fell through. But hey ho, ' it'll happen' as everyone keeps telling me!!
Good luck
justie