Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Justdial long distance

Justdial long distance

Old May 3rd 2004, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Spongebob has a spectacular aura aboutSpongebob has a spectacular aura aboutSpongebob has a spectacular aura about
Default Justdial long distance

Are there any expats out there who use the long distance phone service Justdial to phone the Uk.

We are thinking about switching from Sprint canada to Justdial since it is cheaper and would like to know if anyone has any positive feed back on this phone carrier.

Thxs
Old May 3rd 2004, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Justdial long distance

Originally posted by Spongebob
Are there any expats out there who use the long distance phone service Justdial to phone the Uk.

We are thinking about switching from Sprint canada to Justdial since it is cheaper and would like to know if anyone has any positive feed back on this phone carrier.

Thxs

no but we use primus canada and never had any problems. how much is justdial to the uk?
Old May 4th 2004, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

Spongebob has a spectacular aura aboutSpongebob has a spectacular aura aboutSpongebob has a spectacular aura about

4.5 cents per minute, and no maintenance fee or plan fee.

You buy phone time in blocks, like say 30 dollors at a time, the 4.5 mins per minute includes the tax as well.
Old May 4th 2004, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Spongebob
4.5 cents per minute, and no maintenance fee or plan fee.

You buy phone time in blocks, like say 30 dollors at a time, the 4.5 mins per minute includes the tax as well.
hey thats good. i think we pay 5cents a minute and then tax is ontop of that i think. also its better to pay upfront and then use the credit like you would do with pay as you go mobiles. i dread the primus bill every month!!!!lol
Old May 7th 2004, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

crazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant future

We just died of shock - our long distance bill was $80, cripes! We very quickly signed up for a different package - I didn't realise that with our phone company you had to sign up for one thing before you can sign up for another and I thought, oh well it probably won't save much anyway. Won't make that mistake again!!
Old May 9th 2004, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

jonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to all

Originally posted by crazydaisy
We just died of shock - our long distance bill was $80, cripes! We very quickly signed up for a different package - I didn't realise that with our phone company you had to sign up for one thing before you can sign up for another and I thought, oh well it probably won't save much anyway. Won't make that mistake again!!
After keeping the weekly international phone calls back to the UK (to my Mum) to under 20 minutes every Sunday for about 4 years, we got a webcam (along with our broadband connection). It has made one hell of a difference! Big phone bills gone, being able to SEE my family every week - WOW. And my Mother being able to see her grandchildren every week - that's very cool.
Old May 9th 2004, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jonthelad
After keeping the weekly international phone calls back to the UK (to my Mum) to under 20 minutes every Sunday for about 4 years, we got a webcam (along with our broadband connection). It has made one hell of a difference! Big phone bills gone, being able to SEE my family every week - WOW. And my Mother being able to see her grandchildren every week - that's very cool.
We've done this for quite some time with my wife's family over in Canada and I couldn't agree with you more. Broadband is best but it's still okay to use with dial up and I think it gives a closeness that you wouldn't think was possible by such a means.
Old May 10th 2004, 7:29 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by stepnek
We've done this for quite some time with my wife's family over in Canada and I couldn't agree with you more. Broadband is best but it's still okay to use with dial up and I think it gives a closeness that you wouldn't think was possible by such a means.
I and my folks just have dial up, can anyone recommend software in particular or point me at any usefull links?

TIA

Iain
Old May 10th 2004, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by iaink
I and my folks just have dial up, can anyone recommend software in particular or point me at any usefull links?
Iain
I've certainly found dial up to work pretty well although you have to give yourself a chance to get used to the slight delay as you converse but I find that it still flows okay. We mainly use MSN Messenger but Yahoo Messenger also works, both are free of course.
Old May 10th 2004, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

I've certainly found dial up to work pretty well although you have to give yourself a chance to get used to the slight delay as you converse but I find that it still flows okay. We mainly use MSN Messenger but Yahoo Messenger also works, both are free of course.

if youre using dial up, yahoo messenger doesnt work all that well with a cam. when my hubby was in the uk up in cumbria and me in bristol we used it and it was a nightmare!!! msn messenger is far far better
Old May 10th 2004, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by ukjo
if youre using dial up, yahoo messenger doesnt work all that well with a cam. when my hubby was in the uk up in cumbria and me in bristol we used it and it was a nightmare!!! msn messenger is far far better
I truly think it's down to what works well for you. We found that Yahoo wasn't too bad with dial up but it's all about experimenting with different programs to get the best results.
Old May 10th 2004, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

I truly think it's down to what works well for you. We found that Yahoo wasn't too bad with dial up but it's all about experimenting with different programs to get the best results.
also everyones pc is different. there was another program but cant remeber what it was called. when it comes to me i'll let you know but i remember it being huge big pictures rather than tiny cam pictures. the only reason we stopped using it was because i was so crap at sussing these things out that we gave up. when he was finally around to sort it out we didnt have another pc to test it...doh!!!
Old May 10th 2004, 10:37 am
mickj

One that has worked for me so far, and am pleased to share it with everyone is :

http://www.skype.com/download.html

Old May 10th 2004, 1:02 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mickj
One that has worked for me so far, and am pleased to share it with everyone is :

http://www.skype.com/download.html
Thanks folks, Ill try a few and see what works for us. Now I just need to find someone to recommend a mosquito trap...still holding out on the $500 till I find out if they work or not...

Iain

The wife is giving me grief about the bugs in the yard, so it looks like we will be trying a moquito magnet or skeeter vac in the near future one way or the other anyway. Better bloody well work for that money!
Old May 10th 2004, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

This is a local one based in Vancouver that we use for talking with our parents back in the UK. Its free and easy to use.

Its basically a webcam program client.

Note..this can be used where ever you are..

http://www.eyeballchat.com

Last edited by Spongebob; May 16th 2004 at 5:21 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.