Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Just Us...........

Just Us...........

Old Aug 4th 2005, 11:34 pm
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just Us...........

I spend ages reading the threads and find them interesting and informative.
Its amazing the number of people who are moving to the same city in Canada and here are we moving to the remote Prince Eward Island.
Why there ..well its a fantastic island with friendly people amazing scenery and yes being Atlantic Canada lots of winter storms and snow...snow...snow.
In the summer its warm without being humid and in the spring beautiful.....
But our main reason for going there is there are very few Brits..... no British pubs....no British foods............Its Canada.........and thats what we want to become involved in the Islands life........make new friends and start our new life .........ARE WE MAD??............who knows
Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just Us...........

Originally Posted by rossandvi
Its amazing the number of people who are moving to the same city in Canada
Do you mean Oakville?

I'm going to have to look at the place one of these days, just so I can join in the discussions
Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:27 am
Banned

Numpty is an unknown quantity at this point

Its amazing the number of people who are moving to the same city in Canada and here are we moving to the remote Prince Eward Island.
Why there ..well its a fantastic island with friendly people amazing scenery and yes being Atlantic Canada lots of winter storms and snow...snow...snow.
But our main reason for going there is there are very few Brits..... no British pubs....no British foods............Its Canada.........and thats what we want to become involved in the Islands life........make new friends and start our new life .........ARE WE MAD??............who knows
Your logic is superb! Very best of luck.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

proo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to all

And isn't there a lobster festival?!
Old Aug 7th 2005, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Tisme will become famous soon enough

No, you're not mad! LOL Funny that because we've looked at every corner (research-wise) on the Canadian map. Well, the habitable bits anyway.

We've visited Van, Alberta and done research on NS and PEI mostly. DH's trade is needed more in the GTA so that's where we're planning on going. The Brit thing wasn't an issue for me at all it just so happens that there is a high population of Brits but we didn't know that at the time we started looking at the GTA. We knew Toronto itself was out of the question (too busy and too fast for me) and I didn't want somewhere too rural either. Then we stumbled across this forum and Oakville kept coming up time after time. We stuck to that and booked the trip. Either that or stick a pin in the map and hope for the best.
We want Canada too but it so happens that I might bump into a load of Brits too! I love Canada, the people, the friendliness, the cleanliness and the general feeling of being safe.

I've heard and seen footage on PEI and it looks amazing and my dream is to visit there one day (among many other places). When we do, I might want to move there!!

Are you enjoying being out there? Do PE islanders really say 'Oh, you're from away then?' Apparently said to anyone who wasn't born on the Island

Old Aug 7th 2005, 12:13 pm
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tisme
No, you're not mad! LOL Funny that because we've looked at every corner (research-wise) on the Canadian map. Well, the habitable bits anyway.

We've visited Van, Alberta and done research on NS and PEI mostly. DH's trade is needed more in the GTA so that's where we're planning on going. The Brit thing wasn't an issue for me at all it just so happens that there is a high population of Brits but we didn't know that at the time we started looking at the GTA. We knew Toronto itself was out of the question (too busy and too fast for me) and I didn't want somewhere too rural either. Then we stumbled across this forum and Oakville kept coming up time after time. We stuck to that and booked the trip. Either that or stick a pin in the map and hope for the best.
We want Canada too but it so happens that I might bump into a load of Brits too! I love Canada, the people, the friendliness, the cleanliness and the general feeling of being safe.

I've heard and seen footage on PEI and it looks amazing and my dream is to visit there one day (among many other places). When we do, I might want to move there!!

Are you enjoying being out there? Do PE islanders really say 'Oh, you're from away then?' Apparently said to anyone who wasn't born on the Island
Hi
Yes we are from away lol.......
Its a great place we have spent many months on the Island the people are great''Work is a bit of an issue but carpenters are always needed so we have been lucky.
We arnt living there full time as yet but hope to quite soon .........once we get our house in the Uk sold.
If you ever fancy a holiday there then get in touch....Bet wishes Vi.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 2:31 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Friends and I spent a couple of days in PEI just two weeks ago, and man, it's beautiful out there... :-) We came up by the ferry from NS, skipped the eastern part, did the northern coast to Green Park Provincial Park, where we were based for two nights. Spent the next day driving around the northwestern part, had a laugh at driving through Norway and Alaska with only a few hours inbetween. Met a bunch of great people, saw some wonderful views and really enjoyed ourselves. We'll be back someday...

Hi
Yes we are from away lol.......
Its a great place we have spent many months on the Island the people are great''Work is a bit of an issue but carpenters are always needed so we have been lucky.
We arnt living there full time as yet but hope to quite soon .........once we get our house in the Uk sold.
If you ever fancy a holiday there then get in touch....Bet wishes Vi.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 6:25 pm
Vi

Originally Posted by Wannabe
Friends and I spent a couple of days in PEI just two weeks ago, and man, it's beautiful out there... :-) We came up by the ferry from NS, skipped the eastern part, did the northern coast to Green Park Provincial Park, where we were based for two nights. Spent the next day driving around the northwestern part, had a laugh at driving through Norway and Alaska with only a few hours inbetween. Met a bunch of great people, saw some wonderful views and really enjoyed ourselves. We'll be back someday...
Come visit us.............anytime. Vi.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 6:33 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Thanks, I'll keep you guys in mind!
*starts checking flight prices from Norway to PEI*

Come visit us.............anytime. Vi.