Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Just started the journey.....

Just started the journey.....

Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Dean1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just started the journey.....

Hi everyone, stumbled across this site while researching our move to Alberta and some great info..... look forward to talking to you guys.
Our file started processing in early July this year, so a while to wait yet but really excited for the future and bringing our 2 little kids up in Canada..
Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

amardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant future
Default Re: Just started the journey.....

Hi and welcome

What application are you waiting to be processed
Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dean1
Hi everyone, stumbled across this site while researching our move to Alberta and some great info..... look forward to talking to you guys.
Our file started processing in early July this year, so a while to wait yet but really excited for the future and bringing our 2 little kids up in Canada..
Hi Dean and welcome to BE. There is stacks of info here and all of it as a result of members experiences. It's worth having a search through the forum before you ask, just to see if anyone else has experienced what you need to know.
We're all either playing a waiting game of varying lengths and for various reasons or already there living the dream.
Are you going over on a work permit as a result of a job offer? Where abouts do you intend to move to. You're bound to find others on here going to the same area or who are already there.
So, enjoy the wait and enjoy coming to the forum to do whatever, it took me a while to become familiar with everything that is on here. Right clicking on someones profile, for example will give you options you might not be aware of.
See you around
Robin
Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by amardan
Hi and welcome

What application are you waiting to be processed
Skilled worker, so they say about 2 yrs before your really hear from anyone at the office, right?
Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
Hi Dean and welcome to BE. There is stacks of info here and all of it as a result of members experiences. It's worth having a search through the forum before you ask, just to see if anyone else has experienced what you need to know.
We're all either playing a waiting game of varying lengths and for various reasons or already there living the dream.
Are you going over on a work permit as a result of a job offer? Where abouts do you intend to move to. You're bound to find others on here going to the same area or who are already there.
So, enjoy the wait and enjoy coming to the forum to do whatever, it took me a while to become familiar with everything that is on here. Right clicking on someones profile, for example will give you options you might not be aware of.
See you around
Robin
Thanks Robyn,
We're going in on skilled worker, as my wife is a special needs primary school teacher and I own a property maintenance company, we are looking for jobs which we have been told if we get a job offer it will speed up the process and get the visas in 6 months

So we'll see and thanks for the advise
Dean
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:02 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Hi Dean and welcome to BE

Skilled worker time lines are currently 5+ years :curse:

Job offer with a posative LMO can get you out there in a few months and then quickens the process up.
Not sure what your wife will need for teaching, but have you looked at the invester route ??

Gill
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Skilled worker, so they say about 2 yrs before your really hear from anyone at the office, right?
We have been quoted 42-48 months!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gill_andy_grew
Hi Dean and welcome to BE

Skilled worker time lines are currently 5+ years :curse:

Job offer with a posative LMO can get you out there in a few months and then quickens the process up.
Not sure what your wife will need for teaching, but have you looked at the invester route ??

Gill
Wow!!!!! I'll guess I will be looking for a job sooner rather than later then... what kind of investment $$$$ are they looking for?
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:15 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Just a quick search of google.ca have brought this up

http://employment.alberta.ca/cps/rde...s.xsl/563.html

Have a rea of the wiki above and also the cic site.
I am sure someone will come along with more info, but if you have a business idea and can show a good business plan you never know may open up door for you!!

Where in the uk are you ??
There is a show in york this weekend about immagration

Gill
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
We have been quoted 42-48 months!
How long have you been waiting so far Robin???
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gill_andy_grew
Just a quick search of google.ca have brought this up

http://employment.alberta.ca/cps/rde...s.xsl/563.html

Have a rea of the wiki above and also the cic site.
I am sure someone will come along with more info, but if you have a business idea and can show a good business plan you never know may open up door for you!!

Where in the uk are you ??
There is a show in york this weekend about immagration

Gill
Thanks for that I'll have a read thru

I'm all the way down in Essex, but my parents went to that show a few yrs ago, they now live in Spruce Grove near Edmonton, got over there on a work visa earlier this year
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

How long have you been waiting so far Robin???

Well as you will note on my above entry - we received our AOR - Acknowledgement Of Receipt on 1st August, like....just last month.....so we have a while to wait. This does suit us though because of needing to work just under 4 years more in order to be eligible for a small pension and a lump sum.
I haven't yet been able to drag myself away from the forum though, wonder if I'll be here throughout the next 4 years! (As well as after we get out there of course).
Old Sep 27th 2007, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

TinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that I'll have a read thru

I'm all the way down in Essex, but my parents went to that show a few yrs ago, they now live in Spruce Grove near Edmonton, got over there on a work visa earlier this year
Hi,

The immigration show is in Coventry next weekend (6th/7th ). We submitted SW back in Sept 05 not heard anything at all, husband managed to get a job offer and was accepted for PNP JUne this year - upto that point though not heard anything about SW application.....worth exploring lots of other avenues.....

good luck

Tina
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TinaH
Hi,

The immigration show is in Coventry next weekend (6th/7th ). We submitted SW back in Sept 05 not heard anything at all, husband managed to get a job offer and was accepted for PNP JUne this year - upto that point though not heard anything about SW application.....worth exploring lots of other avenues.....

good luck

Tina
That's great news! Do you mind me asking what line of work your husband does and how he managed to find work?
Thanks Alex