Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

just spoke to the rudest person form Cnadian law firm!!!!!!!!!!!

just spoke to the rudest person form Cnadian law firm!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

McLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really nice
Default just spoke to the rudest person form Cnadian law firm!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD i am livid right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just called campbell cohen lawyers to find out about their service to help us immigrate to canada and ive never spoke to such an unhelpful rude person in my life!!!!!!

this is the conversation
me "hi im looking for some help regarding immigration to canada"

him " whats your highest education level"

me "high school and higher access at college"

him"oh ok, do you have a job offer?"

me "no not yet"

Him sorry we cant help, bye"

and put the phone down!!! honestly thats the exact conversation, he didnt ask my occupation!!!!!! totally totally un professional
Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:21 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just spoke to the rudest person form Cnadian law firm!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by McLeans

i just called campbell cohen lawyers to find out about their service to help us immigrate to canada and ive never spoke to such an unhelpful rude person in my life!!!!!!

this is the conversation

me "no not yet"

and put the phone down!!! honestly thats the exact conversation, he didnt ask my occupation!!!!!! totally totally un professional
They obviously neither want nor need your business. Don't get annoyed - call another one or do it yourself.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

twotoast is on a distinguished road

They are probably assessing how much work they need to do to get your application through. I'm not if this is the case with this firm, but many of them offer a money back guarantee if you don't get PR. For them to offer that - they would only take on 'dead certs'. If you had a degree and a job offer then PR is not really a question at all.

Have you assessed yourself? Do you qualify with points? We used http://accessmigration.com/ in 2004 when we moved to Canada. It appears that they now specialize in Australia, but it may be worth contacting them.

Good Luck - it is worth perservering with, we are loving the Canadian lifestyle
Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

McLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really nice

yep i agree. i was just so taken aback by his reply and their a large reputable company! unbelievable
Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

new-life is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Probably the best thing you could have done placing the details on here...right now any pain in the pocket hurts far more than in the ear...or anwhere else for that matter.

Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

supergirly is just really nicesupergirly is just really nicesupergirly is just really nicesupergirly is just really nicesupergirly is just really nicesupergirly is just really nicesupergirly is just really nicesupergirly is just really nicesupergirly is just really nicesupergirly is just really nice

That's terrible. We used Mamann Sandaluk and couldn't recommended them enough. They were so helpful and didn't mind us phoning and asking daft questions.

http://www.migrationlaw.com/
Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
We're using a VERY helpful man. As we're still in the UK I can't necessarily say he's good as only time will tell! But he's really helpful and always available to answer questions - even before you've paid him any money! His name is Ber Lazarus and works out of Montreal if that's any good...
Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone, ill check them out. I emailed campbell Cohen just before i put my post on here and have yet received no reply!
Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:51 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect you'll face a lot of 'rude', disinterested or even hostile people associated with your move. You need to have a bit of a thicker skin and be very single minded if you don't want the emigration process to do you in.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

this is the conversation

me "no not yet"

Welcome to the New (Real) World. Thats how half of my phone calls go here in Canada/USA. Telephone and or general manners are un heard of here
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

CarZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do you need a lawyer? I have done an intra company transfer visa and a family class permanent residence visa by myself, and it was not a big deal. It takes time to read the Immigration website and to get all the documents together, but there is nothing they can do that you can't.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:13 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

this is the conversation

me "no not yet"

Well at least he got straight to the point. He asked his firms criteria for new clients, you answered and did not meet these, so he plainly stated he would not be able to help you.

He could of asked you for an application fee, as well as all sorts of other fees, just to tell you your application has been declined. Maybe he could have been a bit more tactful but at least he did not fleece any money out of you.

Just try a few other firms, and best to get recomendations first.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

i searched the company on here first and it had good recommendations. if i didnt meet the criteria fine thats not my issue, it was how blatantly rude he was, im unsure how he could tell he couldnt help me by only asking my education level and if i had a job or not?

anyhow its past i obviously wont be using them. im not definate i need to use a lawyer but i was looking for some initial advice, thats all and wasnt even able to get that
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:35 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

im unsure how he could tell he couldnt help me by only asking my education level and if i had a job or not?
They're the 2 biggest potential contributory elements to the points you'll need for a PR application. Without a degree (or a 2yr college diploma and appropriate experience), or a job offer, your chances of success are limited.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

JAMROCKAFRIC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello McLeans,
Am so sorry for the attitude of the person that spoke to you when you called their office.I think you should just try and send a mail to Mr.Cohen himself ([email protected]) either you still want to use their service or not just mail them because i know Mr.Cohen is very responsive.Just let him know how you were treated and make your grievance known to him.

Sorry once again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.