Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Just curious.....

Just curious.....

Old Jul 4th 2003, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Smesa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just curious.....

I'm english & have been living in Florida for the past 12 years. I 've stumbled across this site & am surprised to find that Canada is the country of choice ( next to Australia) for British emigration. I find myself wondering why & how it compares to Britian as far as cost of living, health care, education. I know it seems like a loaded topic but I'd always thought of Canada as just another version of Britian really...but obviously it's attracting a large # of Brits...so, just curious as to what's all the fuss about?
Old Jul 4th 2003, 10:45 pm
on the road again member

travelling_kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default similar is not the same

well if you really want to know...although you could liken canadian culture to usa, it's a far more preferable alternative to both the usa & uk imo. definitely different from britain though there are a ton of uk migrants in ontario & vancouver island.
Old Jul 5th 2003, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Smesa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: similar is not the same

[QUOTE]Originally posted by travelling_kiwi
well if you really want to know...although you could liken canadian culture to usa, it's a far more preferable alternative to both the usa & uk imo. definitely different from britain though there are a ton of uk migrants in ontario & vancouver island. [/QUO

How is it preferable to the UK?
Old Jul 8th 2003, 7:39 pm
on the road again member

travelling_kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default only personal experience can explain it

where do i begin..hard to describe, much is intangible, call it the quality of life factor, couple of obvious examples are general safety, peoples attitudes...
only personal experience can explain it
Old Jul 8th 2003, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

I don't really think its anything like the UK. Similar political makeup, but that's about it really. I would say it is most like the US.