Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Journeyman Certification??

Journeyman Certification??

Old Jun 15th 2005, 6:39 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Journeyman Certification??

Originally Posted by Snape
I've got guys coming next week to install air conditioning. Their quals are probably more HVAC than straight electrical but I'll see if I can get some useful advice out of them.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Alison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I've got guys coming next week to install air conditioning. Their quals are probably more HVAC than straight electrical but I'll see if I can get some useful advice out of them.
Thanks for that Souvenir. Look forward to hearing from you. Although my guy tends to work primarily on overhead livelines. But any advice is great.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Hi,
Could I but in , and ask a favour,
As they are hvac, Any chance you could ask if they have heard of any Trend / Novar ( they are hvac/bms control systems ) companys/employers in Canada ?
Cheers
Jerry
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Snape is on a distinguished road

Has anyone found anymore info about Electrical Quals, ive been around a few places on the web but havent really found anyone to get in contact with about this subject.

Cheers
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 7:34 am
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Has anyone found anymore info about Electrical Quals, ive been around a few places on the web but havent really found anyone to get in contact with about this subject.

Cheers
You might try....

http://www.csa.ca/products/electrica...nguage=english

Loads of code-related stuff here, but it looks like it could cost you!! :scared:

Last edited by Scouse; Jun 22nd 2005 at 9:08 am.
Old Jun 25th 2005, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

getoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Hi Snape, you may want to take a look at a few of these sites:-

http://www.cicic.ca/professions/7241en.asp

http://www.bcit.ca/path/trades/

http://www.red-seal.ca/Site/index_e.htm

http://www.tradesecrets.org/index.ht...cupations.html

Should give you all the info you require.

Paul
Old Jun 25th 2005, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi,
Could I but in , and ask a favour,
As they are hvac, Any chance you could ask if they have heard of any Trend / Novar ( they are hvac/bms control systems ) companys/employers in Canada ?
Cheers
Jerry
Hi
Please ignore my post,
Found out my leads and all sorted now,
Wonderful place the internet
Cheers
Jerry
Old Jun 28th 2005, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

joehat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alison33
Hi,
I have a friend that lives in Red Deer and apparently there are lots of new housing developments going up at the moment. I haven't really looked at houses there just yet as I feel it would be a bit premature. BTW My friend's husband also works in the oil industry. So if you need to pick someones brains I'll pass any messages on. He was just recently thinking of coming here to work on a rigg off Aberdeen as the money is much better and so is the working week.

What? he's coming from red deer to Aberdeen to work on a rig . They will be shut down in the next 10 years . There's only about a pint of oil Left in the north sea
Old Jun 29th 2005, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Alison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by joehat
What? he's coming from red deer to Aberdeen to work on a rig . They will be shut down in the next 10 years . There's only about a pint of oil Left in the north sea
Thanks for the info - I will pass it on.
Maybe he's better off staying put eh.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

joehat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alison33
Thanks for the info - I will pass it on.
Maybe he's better off staying put eh.

Hello alison

Sorry for for being a bit abrupt but as i said thre is not much work in the north sea , most of the work is in west africa >>>>> Angola , Nigeria , 20 years work at least , There is also a bit of work on the east of canada . New Foundland But "they" think it will kick off in canada Alberta soon especially with the Indian / China market. Ps Would love to know what the work situation is like in alberta in the oil industry as its pointless me going if its on a down hill trend which i doubt Rod&nicola [email protected]