Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

John Lewis to start international deliveries - including Canada

John Lewis to start international deliveries - including Canada

Old Jun 26th 2011, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Location: In the wilds of Chelsea, Québec but only 15 mins from Ottawa...
Tango Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default John Lewis to start international deliveries - including Canada

Europe from July, Canada will start from August. £15 flat fee for deliveries to Canada. Some things not available but they say they will have a dedicated export team available at their Oxford Street branch.

http://www.johnlewis.com/Magazine/Fe...BOBvUnB8cCiwnk
Old Jun 26th 2011, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Juliet C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: John Lewis to start international deliveries - including Canada

Originally Posted by Tango Mike
Europe from July, Canada will start from August. £15 flat fee for deliveries to Canada. Some things not available but they say they will have a dedicated export team available at their Oxford Street branch.

http://www.johnlewis.com/Magazine/Fe...BOBvUnB8cCiwnk
Thats great news, just arrived in Van today, I love John Lewis when I can afford it!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyLovelock is an unknown quantity at this point

Uhoh!!!!!NOT good news for my bank balance!!!
What with Next delivering here too!(placed my first order recently and sure enough it arrived in two days via fedex, cost $5 delivery and only (LOL) got stung $63 import tax and handling fees on a $240 order!!!Was very happy!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 2:14 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LucyLovelock
What with Next delivering here too!(placed my first order recently and sure enough it arrived in two days via fedex, cost $5 delivery and only (LOL) got stung $63 import tax and handling fees on a $240 order!!!Was very happy!
dont you mean not very happy
Old Jun 27th 2011, 3:39 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

I have ordered twice both items were $50 and I didnt pay any duties, I was wondering at what price break you could go to before you pay. I am trying to work out if it is cheaper to pay the 5 bucks delivery on smaller orders or go for one big hit...........................
Old Jun 28th 2011, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
dont you mean not very happy
Nope! Was happy as my friend ordered a $100 less on her order and got charged more customs!!!

Maybe I should try a smaller order and see if I get any customs, as you say its worth the $5 per small order if you dont get charged any!!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 10:11 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Nope! Was happy as my friend ordered a $100 less on her order and got charged more customs!!!

Maybe I should try a smaller order and see if I get any customs, as you say its worth the $5 per small order if you dont get charged any!!
so you paid $308 for a $240 order sounds like a crap deal to me..what happens if you send the item back as it doesnt work or fit etc do you get your customs fee back???
Old Jun 29th 2011, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
so you paid $308 for a $240 order sounds like a crap deal to me..what happens if you send the item back as it doesnt work or fit etc do you get your customs fee back???
Not at all, when you consider that you cant buy any really cute clothes for the kids over here, imho, and shipping is only $5, I was more than happy!

Yes you have to be sure its going to fit etc, as return costs would be down to the buyer. But then I have a Next addiction! What can I say!
Old Jul 1st 2011, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

toffeegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

With the £ being in a slump it's a real bargain to shop from House of Frazer, Dorothy P's, M&S.....now with John Lewis - I've no need to go shopping at home again
Old Jul 1st 2011, 3:44 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it all the same brand-engineered tat made in India/China/Sri Lanka etc?

I remember my mom sent me some shirts from some shop in the UK and she told me she paid £40 each for them or something daft, I went into Old Navy in Great Falls and they had the exact same shirts for $8 each. Not similar, exactly the same shirts made in Pakistan.