Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

job offers anyone?

job offers anyone?

Old Jan 21st 2007, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

glenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the rough
Default job offers anyone?

can anyone offer me a job in canada so i can get my family out of this celebrity obsessed country called england
Old Jan 21st 2007, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job offers anyone?

Originally Posted by glenn wilson
can anyone offer me a job in canada so i can get my family out of this celebrity obsessed country called england
Would be good if you could tell us what you do Glenn.

Try

www.jobsbank.ca
www.workopolis.ca

also.

Gaynor
x
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

glenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Would be good if you could tell us what you do Glenn.

Try

www.jobsbank.ca
www.workopolis.ca

also.

Gaynor
x
thanks.... working as a semi skilled joiner but also have experience operating machinery window fitting and so on...
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:02 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine came out on holiday last October, liked what he saw, approached a few companies about work (he's a self-employed builder/carpenter in the UK), got a job offer and sponsorship by a local company and purchased a house all within a week. He moves out here in early March.

Get your name and skills known to relevant companies Glenn - you never know what might happen.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

kazclan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
My husband (who is a electrician) sent out emails with his resume (CV) attached asking if they would be interested in employing a UK national looking to go to canada on a WP, out of 15 emails sent we got 6 replys, 2 no thanks 1 telephone call interview (no good wanted someone with PLC experience) and 2 companies offering employment, 1 of which he has accepted and now waiting for the LMO to come through so we can get the paperwork sorted out this end for the WP.

My advise is to look at monster.ca or other canadian employment websites and look what is out there, then apply for them what have you to lose??

where are you looking at moving too??
Old Jan 25th 2007, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

well to be honest was thinking about the vancouver area.looks like a great place to start out then who knows where it may take me. any thoughts?
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Hi Glyn
Hopefully we will be moving to a place just an hour or so out side of vancouver called Fraser Valley, proberbly around Chilliwack, the properties in vancouver are rather expensive, but if you are prepared to travel a little than there is really nice houses just out side of the city, but within traveling distance.....

Good luck in finding a job, and keep your fingers crossed as there is a labour shortage going on at the minute in both BC and Alberta, so there are employers out there looking for hard working people.

Keep smiling...
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

as im only really semi skilled ( i do joinery work ) i have been looking into immigration agencies. i met with one and they can offer home study(plumbing/carpentry/electrical) then for the final weeks join a company for placement work and hopefully then the company offers you employment. do you know of this way or anyone that has done this? between you and me i just gotta get out of britain its driving me mad.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi glenn
we did find a compnay that offers what you mentioned have a look a see what you think...
http://www.***************.com/

they offer both in-house (12 wks in canada) then a exam and practical they also say (i do not know if what they claim is true or not ) that the practical will be with a company, it is un-paid but the company will give you a permenant job offer at the end of it... and a 9 wk course in the UK followed by 3 wks in canada etc...

any way have a look.... and good luck!!! It could be just the ticket for you!!!

kazclan
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

yes thats the one i looked at.the actual company is called **************** that i went to see.i really like the idea and i think we are going to for it, its a lot of cash but it may be the best money we spend.still in talks with them as i have many questions and to be honest i dont know where to start.do you know of any important points i could put to them? the problem with me is that im so sceptical and i think it sounds too easy. but if you want to get things done you have to bite the bullit sometimes. have you any idea what you will do about your removals? the wife is interested.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

High numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond repute

yes thats the one i looked at.the actual company is called **************** that i went to see.i really like the idea and i think we are going to for it, its a lot of cash but it may be the best money we spend.still in talks with them as i have many questions and to be honest i dont know where to start.do you know of any important points i could put to them? the problem with me is that im so sceptical and i think it sounds too easy. but if you want to get things done you have to bite the bullit sometimes. have you any idea what you will do about your removals? the wife is interested.

How much did they quote you? I am not on there list of trades but it would not seem to matter as they train you to be a tradesman and then you get a job. This does seem a bit too good to be true!

What do you think? Can you turn someone into an electrican in just 12 weeks and then someone give you a job for a year!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

If you wait till I get out there I can give you a job, but you'll have to pay me.
Celebs in Canada too m8, you'll have no rest from them.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 7:54 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

...celebrity obsessed country called england
Urk, well Glenn, here's something I prescribe that I guarantee will make you happier whether in Hull or Canada...and it's a no-cost option.

1. Stop reading newspapers/magazines.
2. Switch off the TV. In fact - no, go one stage further....smash it.
3. Ignore all news/media formats.
4. Read more books.
5. Listen to more music.
6. Spend more time talking with friends/family.
7. Anyone mentions Jade Goody*, slap 'um round the chops.

You will get much more out of life. Repeat after you move to Canada.

*Once in Canada replace with Anna Nicole Smith or similar useless current media carbunkle.

Good luck with your research.

Rich.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Crashedfiesta2 will become famous soon enoughCrashedfiesta2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kazclan
My advise is to look at monster.ca or other canadian employment websites and look what is out there, then apply for them what have you to lose??
I put my Resume on monster.ca but then got bombarded with calls from UK employment agencies. One is actively looking for me and has a possible lead but it annoys me that they didn't stop to consider why i put it on monster.ca and not monster.co.uk.