Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Job Offer......working visa !!!!!

Wikiposts

Job Offer......working visa !!!!!

Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:37 am
STEVELYNNDARYN

stevelynndaryn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Offer......working visa !!!!!

Hi Folks.....looking for a wee bit of advice here,we have applied to immigrate to canada,14 months into our application know,and have been offered a job,problem being,employer wants me to start in about 4 weeks time,but dont have our visas yet,and dont think i will get working visa in that time.Does anyone have any experience of this,or know of time scales for getting a working visa,really dont want to lose out on this job,its what we have been waiting for.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.Thank you.

Steve,Lynn & Daryn.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 9:20 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Offer......working visa !!!!!

Originally Posted by stevelynndaryn
Hi Folks.....looking for a wee bit of advice here,we have applied to immigrate to canada,14 months into our application know,and have been offered a job,problem being,employer wants me to start in about 4 weeks time,but dont have our visas yet,and dont think i will get working visa in that time.Does anyone have any experience of this,or know of time scales for getting a working visa,really dont want to lose out on this job,its what we have been waiting for.

Steve,Lynn & Daryn.
You will get more responses if you ask on the immigration forum. Basically you need a work permit, these get done more quickly than PR applications, but may take more than 4 weeks.

You should also take the opportunity to see if this gives you options to increase your points score.

Also bear in mind that if your PR application is refused you will need to go back to the UK at some stage.

Jeremy
Old Jun 19th 2005, 5:19 am
Enjoying being in Canada!

ExBritExAfrican is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in Canada on working visa (application for PR also in progress). It depends what kind of job you have been offered? Mine was HRDC exempt so it took 10 days to get the visa. All I needed was a fax from my employer stating - job title, salary&benefits and for how long. If the job is on the HRDC list then your employer has to get it approved and send it to you. So, visa doesnt really take that long. They are also cooperative if you go to their offices in London. They will tell you exaclty what you need and how long it is going to take.

Wish you all the best! you gonna love it.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

seacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by stevelynndaryn

Steve,Lynn & Daryn.
Congratulations! That's amazing.
I would love to know how you managed to land a job here from the UK though? I'm having hell of a time getting a good job in Canada and I live here.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 7:34 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seacreature
Congratulations! That's amazing.
I would love to know how you managed to land a job here from the UK though? I'm having hell of a time getting a good job in Canada and I live here.
CIC's own figures show that over 100,000 people were in Canada on work permits at the end of 2003:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pub/facts2003/index.html

Jeremy