Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Job Offer - Calgary Transit

Job Offer - Calgary Transit

Old Jun 26th 2008, 7:15 pm
Julie

HopefullyWanted is a jewel in the roughHopefullyWanted is a jewel in the roughHopefullyWanted is a jewel in the roughHopefullyWanted is a jewel in the roughHopefullyWanted is a jewel in the rough
Default Job Offer - Calgary Transit

OK, so the husband has been offered a job with Calgary Transit. They have said they would hope him to be over by about March. Still a bit strange at the moment as we kind of weren't expecting it.

So now we have to save like crazy and make some plans - oh and tell my parents ...

Anyone else had any luck with this company as they have been on a bit of a major recruitment drive and were at the Leeds expo as well?
Old Jun 26th 2008, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

zoeisababe has a brilliant futurezoeisababe has a brilliant futurezoeisababe has a brilliant futurezoeisababe has a brilliant futurezoeisababe has a brilliant futurezoeisababe has a brilliant futurezoeisababe has a brilliant future
Default Re: Job Offer - Calgary Transit

My other half was offered a job in Calgary as a plumber with Something and Moreton? - Any how...he has accepted, but after 10 years we are going out seperate ways.

He was also offered this at Expo Leeds
Old Jun 26th 2008, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HopefullyWanted
OK, so the husband has been offered a job with Calgary Transit. They have said they would hope him to be over by about March. Still a bit strange at the moment as we kind of weren't expecting it.

So now we have to save like crazy and make some plans - oh and tell my parents ...

Anyone else had any luck with this company as they have been on a bit of a major recruitment drive and were at the Leeds expo as well?
Hi Hopefully Wanted,

We've replied to your email. Let us know if it doesn't arrive as we often have trouble emailling Yahoo addresses...no idea why.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet
Old Jun 26th 2008, 7:48 pm
Julie

HopefullyWanted is a jewel in the roughHopefullyWanted is a jewel in the roughHopefullyWanted is a jewel in the roughHopefullyWanted is a jewel in the roughHopefullyWanted is a jewel in the rough

Yes, thanks it has been recieved. I will read and reply to you direct.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

mikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to all

I am hoping to land a job with Calgary transit through the London Expo this week. I have been in Contact with them over the last number of months but they have never had a time line in place. March sounds not too bad but the sooner the better i say.

Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikey9863
I am hoping to land a job with Calgary transit through the London Expo this week. I have been in Contact with them over the last number of months but they have never had a time line in place. March sounds not too bad but the sooner the better i say.

Good luck with that...hope it gets you what you want. Did you know the URL in your signature line is not working...I was intrigued to see what it was!

Eamonn
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

LMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zoeisababe
My other half was offered a job in Calgary as a plumber with Something and Moreton? - Any how...he has accepted, but after 10 years we are going out seperate ways.

He was also offered this at Expo Leeds
Hi zoeisababe,
I presume the company is Trotter and Moreton. We are going to London Expo and are wondering if they will be there. Were they in Leeds?
Old Jun 27th 2008, 6:58 am
Just Joined

zoeisababe has a brilliant futurezoeisababe has a brilliant futurezoeisababe has a brilliant futurezoeisababe has a brilliant futurezoeisababe has a brilliant futurezoeisababe has a brilliant futurezoeisababe has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LMBrian
Hi zoeisababe,
I presume the company is Trotter and Moreton. We are going to London Expo and are wondering if they will be there. Were they in Leeds?
Hi LMBrian - Yes thats the company.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 7:21 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoeisababe
Hi LMBrian - Yes thats the company.
So you wont be joining us then Zoe?
Old Jun 28th 2008, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

wallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HopefullyWanted

Hi Hopefully wanted,
That it great news about Calgary Transit. Do you want the buses or the C-Trains? I think that most of the drivers do a split shift, is this still the case? The equipment on Calgary Transit always seems pretty clean and in good repair and Calgary is still a pretty safe environment to work in considering its size. Did you realise that Calgary Transit has its own Peace Officers (Transit Police) who take care of any incidents on the C-Train stations/C-Trains and buses?
We wish you good luck.
Julie and Eddie.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 6:14 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wallace
Did you realise that Calgary Transit has its own Peace Officers (Transit Police) who take care of any incidents on the C-Train stations/C-Trains and buses?
I met one such today .... previously I just thought it was a spelling mistake!
Old Jun 28th 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wallace
Did you realise that Calgary Transit has its own Peace Officers (Transit Police) who take care of any incidents on the C-Train stations/C-Trains and buses?
We wish you good luck.
Julie and Eddie.

i think that's soon going to change. i understand in the not too far future CPS will be taking it over..
Old Jun 28th 2008, 2:36 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morwenna
I met one such today .... previously I just thought it was a spelling mistake!
I hope it was in a nice way you met same and you were not getting a ticket.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 6:32 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I hope it was in a nice way you met same and you were not getting a ticket.
No . I was checking the movement range in his new hip, so I had him at a distinct disadvantage!
Old Jun 28th 2008, 6:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea about Calgary Transit but just wanted to say congrats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.