Job Offer

Old Jan 27th 2014, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Scotscouple83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Offer

Hi everyone.

I have been applying for a few mechanic jobs in and around Vancouver and have a company willing to offer me a job in writing but they are unsure of the LMO process.

Is there anything we could do to help them with the LMO process and how long would/could it take? The company are looking for an immediate start but will also be looking for a second mechanic later in the year.

Last edited by Scotscouple83; Jan 27th 2014 at 8:18 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 8:27 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Offer

Originally Posted by Scotscouple83
Hi everyone.

I have been applying for a few mechanic jobs in and around Vancouver and have a company willing to offer me a job in writing but they are unsure of the LMO process.

Is there anything we could do to help them with the LMO process and how long would/could it take? The company are looking for an immediate start but will also be looking for a second mechanic later in the year.
The process is online, however they do have to advertise the jobs and try and hire within Canada first. If they cannot find any suitable Canadian employees they my get a positive LMO to hire a foreigner.

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/
Old Jan 27th 2014, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the link I'll have a look. They have been looking for someone since December, would this be long enough to try and find a suitable Canadian?
Old Jan 27th 2014, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link I'll have a look. They have been looking for someone since December, would this be long enough to try and find a suitable Canadian?
Depends on how they have been advertising the job. A simple HELP wanted notice in their premises won't cut it Im afraid.
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/fore...dex.shtml#tab4
Old Jan 28th 2014, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you get your LMO 1st before you move to Canada.I got told a pack of lies by the "recruitment consultant" and had problems when I landed in Hamilton ON.Everything was sorted out but it was a lot of unneeded hassle.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

I'd never go without the LMO.

The job I've been offered was on a recruitment website and has been for at least 2 months.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 11:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I'd never go without the LMO.

The job I've been offered was on a recruitment website and has been for at least 2 months.
As per the link above, that wouldn't be enough - they'd need to advertise it on Job Bank, plus another place (as well as the recruitment website). The advert must also include all of the info as set on the website link above.

Best thing to do is forward them the link so they know where they need to readvertise it, and what info they need to include.

Good luck.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

I've copied to link and sent an email to the company so that they can look through it. Fingers crossed they feel I'm a good enough asset to their business to go through the LMO process.