Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Job advice Canada for carpenter's

Job advice Canada for carpenter's

Old May 24th 2012, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Sam Buxton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job advice Canada for carpenter's

Hello everyone i would like to find out more information for shuttering jobs but haven't a clue how? Im a shutterring carpenter with 10 years experience, Occupational works supervisor level 3 NVQ Diploma.
Old May 24th 2012, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

jamjamjam87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job advice Canada for carpenter's

alright Sam, im due to move to calgary in alberta within the next 6 weeks, i got a LMO sponsorship from a company called Con-forte Construction, they are a RC frame firm in calgary. The add was in the sun newspaper about 2 weeks ago, and when i applied about the begining of march. You pretty much had to send a CV to them, and then they contact you for a telephone interveiw, they are helpfull in giving you from the 1st step to the next.
Old May 24th 2012, 8:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamjamjam87
alright Sam, im due to move to calgary in alberta within the next 6 weeks, i got a LMO sponsorship from a company called Con-forte Construction, they are a RC frame firm in calgary. The add was in the sun newspaper about 2 weeks ago, and when i applied about the begining of march. You pretty much had to send a CV to them, and then they contact you for a telephone interveiw, they are helpfull in giving you from the 1st step to the next.
Thanks for the recommendation, that'll be useful for the OP and others reading in the future.

Just to add though, that although the company you've got your job offer from are obviously fine, there are a few dodgy companies that advertise in places like The Sun so OP, if you do get a job offer from a Canadian company, don't pay them a penny for doing anything for you! Some of the dodgy companies try and charge foreigners for job offers/LMO applications etc, and then more often than not, the job doesn't even exist when the applicant gets to Canada.

Best of luck.
Old May 24th 2012, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Nah they havnt asked me to pay a penny for anything. They even recommeded me to a work permit lawyer in calagry, who i have done my visa application through, and the lawyer knew the person in Con-forte construction, i would assume this is pretty good evidence that this is a legitimate offer, thanks for the heads up though.

Also I go on a website called "jobrapido" there is always shuttering carpenters wanted in alberta, and also Eastern Canada i.e around Toronto.
Old May 24th 2012, 8:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Nah they havnt asked me to pay a penny for anything.
I guessed that, but was just pointing out to the OP that a lot of the companies that advertise in places like The Sun seem to just be after money and to steer well clear of them.

They even recommeded me to a work permit lawyer in calagry, who i have done my visa application through, and the lawyer knew the person in Con-forte construction, i would assume this is pretty good evidence that this is a legitimate offer, thanks for the heads up though.
Mmmmm, got to admit that sounds odd, why would you need an immigration lawyer for a TWP? Even if you'd applied via the London visa office, it's only a 2 page form, but you could also have just got it at the airport when you arrived with no form filling required at all. Hope you didn't pay him much!

Old May 24th 2012, 8:53 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Nah they havnt asked me to pay a penny for anything. They even recommeded me to a work permit lawyer in calagry, who i have done my visa application through, and the lawyer knew the person in Con-forte construction, i would assume this is pretty good evidence that this is a legitimate offer, thanks for the heads up though.

Also I go on a website called "jobrapido" there is always shuttering carpenters wanted in alberta, and also Eastern Canada i.e around Toronto.
i know con-forte or should i say i know of them..they have bid for the formwork and concrete on a couple of our jobs in downtown Calgary.
Old May 24th 2012, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice

My OH works for con forte we came out in march and we are in Edmonton,they have been really good with us
We did the work permit our selves at POE , don't believe in paying someone for something you can do yourself.
Old May 24th 2012, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jamie677
My OH works for con forte we came out in march and we are in Edmonton,they have been really good with us
Would you happen to know if con forte are currently looking for more workers?
Old May 24th 2012, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice

Yes i know they need workers ,i can send you the email of the lady at con forte if you want.
Old May 24th 2012, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Yes i know they need workers ,i can send you the email of the lady at con forte if you want.
Yes please its <snip> thank you for your help and advice.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 25th 2012 at 12:38 pm. Reason: Email address removed to save you from the weirdos and spambots - people can contact you via the forum instead.
Old May 24th 2012, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

I'm unable to open my private messages is this because I'm new here?
Old May 24th 2012, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

you should be able to after 3 post i think
Old May 24th 2012, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Job advice Canada for carpenter's

you should be able to after 3 post i think
Then I shall post some more thank you again for your help.
Old May 24th 2012, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

alright sam, where you from in the UK and who you been working with? if you leave ur email address i can send you some of the info they have sent me.
Old May 24th 2012, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

alright sam, where you from in the UK and who you been working with? if you leave ur email address i can send you some of the info they have sent me.
I'm from Milton keynes but work in London. I work with a company called Byrne Brothers who do a lot of commercial work shopping centres, high rise building and stadia. My email is <snip>.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 25th 2012 at 12:39 pm. Reason: As above - please use the 'contact via email' or PM system instead rather than putting your details on a public forum, thx.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.