Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Jelly Babies in Vancouver?

Jelly Babies in Vancouver?

Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:14 am
Just Joined

Kimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud of
Default Jelly Babies in Vancouver?

I've recently moved back to Vancouver from London and have been craving a bag of Bassets Jelly Babies. (They have to be Bassets because no other jelly babies will do.)

Does anyone know of a good British grocery in Vancouver that carries them?
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:18 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jelly Babies in Vancouver?

Originally Posted by Kimberley_In_Vancouver
I've recently moved back to Vancouver from London and have been craving a bag of Bassets Jelly Babies. (They have to be Bassets because no other jelly babies will do.)

Not Vancouver but......

http://www.dickenssweets.com/sweet_shop.htm

and by mail order.....

http://www.dickenssweets.com/mail_order.htm

Last edited by dingbat; Jun 16th 2006 at 6:22 am.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:22 am
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

Have you tried the Candy Aisle store on West 4th in Kits? Give them a ring 604-739-3330

Clare
Old Jun 16th 2006, 9:48 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

In a pursuit to find jelly babies..... two web links, an address and a phone number all in a span of eight minutes!

Classic!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
In a pursuit to find jelly babies..... two web links, an address and a phone number all in a span of eight minutes!

Classic!
Hey, we all rally around when it's a life and death situation
Old Jun 17th 2006, 12:09 am
Just Joined

Kimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud ofKimberley_In_Vancouver has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone, I'll go check out the store in Chilliwack!

(And I do agree, jelly babies are a matter of life and death!)

Old Jun 17th 2006, 4:08 pm
Banned

AnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone, I'll go check out the store in Chilliwack!

(And I do agree, jelly babies are a matter of life and death!)

Less far than Chilliwack - you should try Clayburn Village Store(between Mission and Abbotsford) which has everything English - pies, bacon, pasties, sweets etc. And a nice little English tea shop so you can stop and have a cuppa tea as well.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

I've recently moved back to Vancouver from London and have been craving a bag of Bassets Jelly Babies.
Grrr. I've not eaten Jelly Babies for months and now all of a sudden *I* have a craving for them!

Fortunately, they sell them in the corner shop 100m down the road.. You see, there *are* upsides to the CIC taking four years to process a PR application!

K.