Reload this Page >

Jeep Cherokee Custom duty?

Jeep Cherokee Custom duty?

Old Jan 6th 2006, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

abcd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jeep Cherokee Custom duty?

Dear friends,

After making my entry in the Canda as a landed immigrant, now is the time to move my household items as per the "goods to follow" list. In the mean time I bought one Grand Cherokee 4X4 2004 model.

Any idea how much will be the custom duty on it please...and how they calculate that? Any web site for such information?

Best regards
Old Jan 6th 2006, 3:27 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jeep Cherokee Custom duty?

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/formspubs...ehicles-e.html
Old Jan 6th 2006, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abcd
Dear friends,

After making my entry in the Canda as a landed immigrant, now is the time to move my household items as per the "goods to follow" list. In the mean time I bought one Grand Cherokee 4X4 2004 model.

Any idea how much will be the custom duty on it please...and how they calculate that? Any web site for such information?

Best regards
Where are you bringing it from? Most cars less than 15 years old can't be imported from the UK.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 3:34 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Posidrive
Where are you bringing it from? Most cars less than 15 years old can't be imported from the UK.
Well the OP is coming from the US as far as I know
Old Jan 6th 2006, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

As I mentioned in the original message, it is 2004 model and coming from Houston to Calgary. I hope that take care of your curiosity.

Thanks for the web site...

Thanks and regards

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Well the OP is coming from the US as far as I know
Old Jan 6th 2006, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

My only input on this is something I have posted numerous times before and that is the experience of my friend's son. He owned some kind of a Mitsubishi - he licenced it in Maryland when he was living there. He moved back to Canada bring said Mitsubishi with him. However, he discovered that there was something unacceptable about the seat-belts that were not allowed in Canada and were not allowed to be modified.

So he had to trek back to Maryland and sell the thing before the plates ran out as otherwise he would not have been able to drive it here. Well, he would have been able to drive it illegally of course!

My son also told me when he was considering purchasing a US car - that there are requirements in Canada - maybe you have to look on the Transport Canada website and that some US cars do not and never will comply with the Canadian regulations. You can bring them in - but you can never licence them.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Lizwil98,
That is a great suggestion. I will look in that direction too.
Rgds

Originally Posted by lizwil98
My only input on this is something I have posted numerous times before and that is the experience of my friend's son. He owned some kind of a Mitsubishi - he licenced it in Maryland when he was living there. He moved back to Canada bring said Mitsubishi with him. However, he discovered that there was something unacceptable about the seat-belts that were not allowed in Canada and were not allowed to be modified.

So he had to trek back to Maryland and sell the thing before the plates ran out as otherwise he would not have been able to drive it here. Well, he would have been able to drive it illegally of course!

My son also told me when he was considering purchasing a US car - that there are requirements in Canada - maybe you have to look on the Transport Canada website and that some US cars do not and never will comply with the Canadian regulations. You can bring them in - but you can never licence them.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 7:29 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abcd
Thanks Lizwil98,
That is a great suggestion. I will look in that direction too.
Rgds
http://www.riv.ca/english/html/us_ve...ssibility.html

Jeeps are OK, covered under section 5

Last edited by iaink; Jan 6th 2006 at 7:32 pm.