Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Ive been offered a Job!!!!!

Ive been offered a Job!!!!!

Old Mar 8th 2012, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

sparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nice
Default Ive been offered a Job!!!!!

after lots of form filling and trips to canada to get my nursing qualifications recognized, I have been offered a full time job at St Pauls hospital in vancouver!!!!!
Hopefully the LMO will come back positive and our canadian dream will be a reality!!!!
fingers crossed xxx
Old Mar 8th 2012, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

ChromeoHurts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ive been offered a Job!!!!!

Congrats! for you
Old Mar 8th 2012, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sparksman
after lots of form filling and trips to canada to get my nursing qualifications recognized, I have been offered a full time job at St Pauls hospital in vancouver!!!!!
Hopefully the LMO will come back positive and our canadian dream will be a reality!!!!
fingers crossed xxx
Great News! When do you start? How long did the process start from applying to CRNBC to getting a job?

Out of interest are you degree or diploma trained?

We are waiting on a yes or no for PPR, i'm diploma trained Adult nurse 3 years qualified currently working in ICU. Whats my chances?

Thanks Anna
Old Mar 8th 2012, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

sparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nicesparksman is just really nice

Hiya, I started the process in may 2010 i think with the first letter to CRNBC.

I plan to start in sept all being well!!!!

Im diploma trained but have been working at a degree which i submit my final assignment in jine so bump up my diploma to a degree!

It a long process but completly worth it i think!

let me know if you have any questions

Jodie x
Old Mar 9th 2012, 12:24 am

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!
Old Mar 9th 2012, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the job offer
Old Mar 10th 2012, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya, I started the process in may 2010 i think with the first letter to CRNBC.

I plan to start in sept all being well!!!!

Im diploma trained but have been working at a degree which i submit my final assignment in jine so bump up my diploma to a degree!

It a long process but completly worth it i think!

let me know if you have any questions

Jodie x
Oh yes i probably will thanks
Old Mar 10th 2012, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

vickijem is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic news, congratulations. I too am a degree qualifed nurse working in Cardiothoracic ICU and we are starting the process although I need another year's experience but I am sure it will be worth the wait. We are hoping to go to Calgary or Edmonton

Vicki
Old Mar 10th 2012, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

snowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud of

well done you !!
I too have just been offered a job in Ontario , I flew over to sit the CRNE in October so now, like you waiting for LMO .

Its all so close now its hard to believe what is happening , I do find myself getting the occaisional pang of severaly cold feet and thinking " What have I started ?? Is this really going to be fun for the kids? "

Still cant stop now, its taken too long and am not prepared to give up until I have truely lived in Canada and then decide. no amount of recce or research can prepare you for the real thing. Suck it and see !!

Good luck
Old Mar 10th 2012, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

snowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud of

well done you !!
I too have just been offered a job in Ontario , I flew over to sit the CRNE in October so now, like you waiting for LMO .

Its all so close now its hard to believe what is happening , I do find myself getting the occaisional pang of severaly cold feet and thinking " What have I started ?? Is this really going to be fun for the kids? "

Still cant stop now, its taken too long and am not prepared to give up until I have truely lived in Canada and then decide. no amount of recce or research can prepare you for the real thing. Suck it and see !!

Good luck
Old Mar 11th 2012, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

fingers crossed xxx
well done
Old Mar 11th 2012, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowhugs
well done you !!

Good luck
Snowhugs

Well done on passing the CRNE and the job offer
Hope your LMO comes to you really soon.
Exciting times ahead
Old Mar 12th 2012, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Falling Leaves is an unknown quantity at this point

fingers crossed xxx

First of all, congratulations sparksman,snowhugs and all colleagues who found a job in Canada and reached your goals.

I'm currently working in oncology, and I have 6 years experience, Degree level. I have been sending CVs and cover letters but I have not received a single answer. I saw on Snowhugs post that she had the same problem. I need some advice from you guys. What is the best thing to do first? Shall I apply or call HR for a job before having the CRNE and provinces license or should I wait for an answer first? The reason for this is because some adverts says that you can apply if you are eligible to register with ( ex-CARNA for Alberta). Do I have any chance of a job offer with no license, because I was thinking about applying for the license asap after someone shows interest.

All help is welcomed.

Many thanks