Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

its snowing hard again here in West Yorks..

Wikiposts

its snowing hard again here in West Yorks..

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold
Default its snowing hard again here in West Yorks..

just as we thought we had got rid of it all, here it comes again, and its sticking, whats it doing in your neck of the woods?
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: its snowing hard again here in West Yorks..

Snowing in Manchester City Centre. Dreading the journey home.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:08 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Strawberry
just as we thought we had got rid of it all, here it comes again, and its sticking, whats it doing in your neck of the woods?
A few flakes, mixture of sun and cloud and a balmy minus 10. In other words, a rather nice day.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:08 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

whats it doing in your neck of the woods?
It's getting dark

Wish i was back up north though. I love snow
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by el_richo
It's getting dark

Wish i was back up north though. I love snow
yeah, it sure beats rain...

mind you, I am a bit partial to the sun as well.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:24 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

-8°C and officially 1km visibility in fog at the airport, more like .5km vis at our house in the NW.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:24 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

I am a bit partial to the sun as well.
I'm not a fan of the braincell destroying tabloids.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:29 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

I really am getting sick of the snow here now.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by el_richo
I'm not a fan of the braincell destroying tabloids.
See your doing it again with your quick witted replies...
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
I really am getting sick of the snow here now.
I trust you're not hoping to emigrate to Canada?

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:37 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
I trust you're not hoping to emigrate to Canada?

I am, but I doubt they're so inept when it comes to dealing with it over there.

In Britain, it only takes a light dusting of snow on the ground for the entire transport infrastructure to fall to pieces.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

In Britain, it only takes a light dusting of snow on the ground for the entire transport infrastructure to fall to pieces.
that is so very true,,,
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:45 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I think its more that Joe Public are used to it over here thats the key. Schools still close, roads still get blocked and you are ten times more likely to see 9 cars upside down commuting down the Deerfoot of a morning than you ever would a stretch of road in the UK!

Don't forget as such there isn't a transport infrastructure to fall apart here!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:46 am
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I think its more that Joe Public are used to it over here thats the key. Schools still close, roads still get blocked and you are ten times more likely to see 9 cars upside down commuting down the Deerfoot of a morning than you ever would a stretch of road in the UK!

That's what makes things work though, people are far less dependant upon so called 'public services' and they just find their own way around problems. In Britain you don't have the freedom or the ability to do that but the public services are shit.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Ain't that the truth

As there a no trains and few buses, it can't come to a halt, grinding or otherwise

To be fair though, the C-train in Calgary has been running well so far. And because there are no trees, we have no leaves on the line.

Despite the slagging off it usually gets, the transport links in the UK are phenomenal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.