Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

It's slowly coming together...

It's slowly coming together...

Old Jan 14th 2006, 12:38 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of
Default It's slowly coming together...

Hi everyone, I'm trying to come back from lurker mode - moving to Canada takes a lot of energy and time!

Just wanted to let you know that I got my PR card yesterday - 22 days after landing, and that's including the Xmas/NY period! One more thing to tick off on the list. Now it's only the driver's licence missing (I think!), and that's a true papermill, seeing as I'm not from a straightforward 'swap country'.
I've got a bank account (got my checks a few days ago - have no idea how to use them!), applied for my OHIP yesterday, am waiting for my SIN number, have got a lease, cable/internet/phone/cell, and from two days ago, also delivery of the local newspaper every day, so everything's good here.

And, my e-client shows I landed Dec 22. *grin*
Old Jan 14th 2006, 2:10 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's slowly coming together...

Originally Posted by Wannabe
Hi everyone, I'm trying to come back from lurker mode - moving to Canada takes a lot of energy and time!

Just wanted to let you know that I got my PR card yesterday - 22 days after landing, and that's including the Xmas/NY period! One more thing to tick off on the list. Now it's only the driver's licence missing (I think!), and that's a true papermill, seeing as I'm not from a straightforward 'swap country'.
I've got a bank account (got my checks a few days ago - have no idea how to use them!), applied for my OHIP yesterday, am waiting for my SIN number, have got a lease, cable/internet/phone/cell, and from two days ago, also delivery of the local newspaper every day, so everything's good here.

And, my e-client shows I landed Dec 22. *grin*
Well done! My husband landed Calgary 17th December and according to my family who rang on Wednesday his PR card has arrived, and they will be forwarding it on to us. Hope everything goes well for you.