Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Its Resume day

Its Resume day

Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

shahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really nice
Default Its Resume day

Hi Folks

As I continue plodding through my seemingly never ending list of things to do before we leave in 16 days, today has been resume day.

I have read & followed all of the wiki & referenced web advice and cobbled together a resume.

OH has checked through it for me but I'm not so sure of Canadian spellings beyond what was mentioned on the wiki and the laptop is not playing games in trying to install the Canadian English dictionary.

I was wondering if one of you fine people have some experience of reading resume's and would mind giving me some feedback on my efforts with the lingo/content?

I know this is a bit of a cheeky ask, but if you don't ask.....

Thanks

Kelly x
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:38 pm
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its Resume day

Originally Posted by shahzadandkelly
Hi Folks

As I continue plodding through my seemingly never ending list of things to do before we leave in 16 days, today has been resume day.

I have read & followed all of the wiki & referenced web advice and cobbled together a resume.

OH has checked through it for me but I'm not so sure of Canadian spellings beyond what was mentioned on the wiki and the laptop is not playing games in trying to install the Canadian English dictionary.

I was wondering if one of you fine people have some experience of reading resume's and would mind giving me some feedback on my efforts with the lingo/content?

I know this is a bit of a cheeky ask, but if you don't ask.....

Thanks

Kelly x
Canadian is largely the same as British English spelling, however a lot of American spelling has crept in. Are you using a UK address or a canadian one?

Don't mind taking a look, however suggest not posting it in an open forum. Send it by e-mail as an editable attachment, such as in MS Word.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 6:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

High numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond repute

One important thing to remember is that the default print size in the UK is A4 and that is fine if you plan to print some out.

However in Canada they use a different size so if you email it then it won't print correctly. I think the size is 8.5in x 11in, well mine is!!

Good luck
Old Mar 21st 2008, 7:00 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by High numbers
One important thing to remember is that the default print size in the UK is A4 and that is fine if you plan to print some out.

However in Canada they use a different size so if you email it then it won't print correctly. I think the size is 8.5in x 11in, well mine is!!

Good luck
"Letter" or "US Letter" is usually the best option.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

shahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really nice

Thanks Folks

Judy has given me some excellent feedback and as usual, has been very very helpful.

I thought I had the formatting thing sorted at this end but it didn't have any margins when she printed it off. OH is having a play with it.

Is it possible to install another dictionary for spell check without it changing the keys on your board?

Hope you have an egg-cellent Easter

Kelly