Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

It's here! Woooooohoooo!

It's here! Woooooohoooo!

Old Jun 12th 2012, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

scheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud of
Default It's here! Woooooohoooo!

Middle of the night email checking has never felt soooooo good - work permit authorisations have arrived! (Took 11 and a bit weeks from London, including a medical.)

We'll be there in about 2 weeks!
Old Jun 12th 2012, 1:13 am
Account Closed

PeddiePooh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's here! Woooooohoooo!

Congrats! I wonder how that feels like when the wait is over
Where ate you heading to?

Peddie
Old Jun 12th 2012, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

scheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud ofscheherazade has much to be proud of

Hi PeddiePooh

I have to say I was so excited that by the time I managed to get back to sleep the dawn chorus was in full swing; I then had to be out of the house at 6.30am so flagging a bit now!

We're going to Vegreville, Alberta.

Fingers crossed your LMO comes through soon!
Old Jun 12th 2012, 10:45 am
Account Closed

Your 11 week timescale is that for LMO or Pnp? Sorry im pretty new I don't know the abbreviations very well.

Good luck!

Peddie x
Old Jun 12th 2012, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

It was for a temporary work permit authorisation through the London High Commission.

My OH's LMO came through really quickly (like within a couple of weeks) - not sure whether the employer did the accelerated thing or what.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, it is a great feeling.Good luck in your new adventure in Canada
Old Jun 12th 2012, 1:10 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Wow....that is good news innit? Congrats and all that

Where are you moving to?
Old Jun 12th 2012, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by scheherazade
It was for a temporary work permit authorisation through the London High Commission.

My OH's LMO came through really quickly (like within a couple of weeks) - not sure whether the employer did the accelerated thing or what.
Sounds like it could have been the A-LMO given that its aim is to be issued within 10 days.

Congrats anyway!
Old Jun 12th 2012, 1:58 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Hi PeddiePooh

We're going to Vegreville, Alberta.
Really
Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
Really
Yup!

Why, do you have any terrible experiences of Vegreville I should know about?
Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:11 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Yup!

Why, do you have any terrible experiences of Vegreville I should know about?
No not all...its just its a very small Ukrainian community in the middle of nowhere..nice easter egg though.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
No not all...its just its a very small Ukrainian community in the middle of nowhere..nice easter egg though.
Seen the egg
Attached Thumbnails It's here! Woooooohoooo!-egg.jpg  
Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:30 pm
Account Closed

May I ask why your LMo was processed in London and not in the province you are going which is Alberta? Was that because your employer decide to do it this way? Is it one route faster than the other?

Many thanks and best of luck
Peddie x
Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PeddiePooh
May I ask why your LMo was processed in London and not in the province you are going which is Alberta? Was that because your employer decide to do it this way? Is it one route faster than the other?

Many thanks and best of luck
Peddie x
Peddie, our LMO was done in Canada and then provided to us by the employer. The application to London was for the work permit.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

englishbird is an unknown quantity at this point

what job have u got if u dont mind me asking x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.