British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   It's here! Woooooohoooo! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/its-here-woooooohoooo-761420/)

scheherazade Jun 12th 2012 12:43 am

It's here! Woooooohoooo!

Middle of the night email checking has never felt soooooo good - work permit authorisations have arrived! (Took 11 and a bit weeks from London, including a medical.)

We'll be there in about 2 weeks!

PeddiePooh Jun 12th 2012 1:13 am

Re: It's here! Woooooohoooo!

Congrats! I wonder how that feels like when the wait is over :)
Where ate you heading to?

Peddie

scheherazade Jun 12th 2012 9:35 am

Hi PeddiePooh

I have to say I was so excited that by the time I managed to get back to sleep the dawn chorus was in full swing; I then had to be out of the house at 6.30am so flagging a bit now!

We're going to Vegreville, Alberta.

Fingers crossed your LMO comes through soon!:fingerscrossed:

PeddiePooh Jun 12th 2012 10:45 am

Your 11 week timescale is that for LMO or Pnp? Sorry im pretty new I don't know the abbreviations very well.

Good luck!

Peddie x

scheherazade Jun 12th 2012 11:14 am

It was for a temporary work permit authorisation through the London High Commission.

My OH's LMO came through really quickly (like within a couple of weeks) - not sure whether the employer did the accelerated thing or what.

Mad Jockette Jun 12th 2012 11:21 am

Congratulations, it is a great feeling.Good luck in your new adventure in Canada :thumbsup:

ultrarunner Jun 12th 2012 1:10 pm

Wow....that is good news innit? Congrats and all that

Where are you moving to?

Siphorous Jun 12th 2012 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by scheherazade (Post 10114317)
It was for a temporary work permit authorisation through the London High Commission.

My OH's LMO came through really quickly (like within a couple of weeks) - not sure whether the employer did the accelerated thing or what.

Sounds like it could have been the A-LMO given that its aim is to be issued within 10 days.

Congrats anyway!

cheeky_monkey Jun 12th 2012 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by scheherazade (Post 10114174)
Hi PeddiePooh

We're going to Vegreville, Alberta.

Really:confused:

scheherazade Jun 12th 2012 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey (Post 10114626)
Really:confused:

Yup!

Why, do you have any terrible experiences of Vegreville I should know about?:unsure:

cheeky_monkey Jun 12th 2012 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by scheherazade (Post 10114634)
Yup!

Why, do you have any terrible experiences of Vegreville I should know about?:unsure:

No not all...its just its a very small Ukrainian community in the middle of nowhere..nice easter egg though.

scheherazade Jun 12th 2012 2:18 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey (Post 10114645)
No not all...its just its a very small Ukrainian community in the middle of nowhere..nice easter egg though.

Seen the egg :)

PeddiePooh Jun 12th 2012 2:30 pm

May I ask why your LMo was processed in London and not in the province you are going which is Alberta? Was that because your employer decide to do it this way? Is it one route faster than the other?

Many thanks and best of luck
Peddie x

scheherazade Jun 12th 2012 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by PeddiePooh (Post 10114684)
May I ask why your LMo was processed in London and not in the province you are going which is Alberta? Was that because your employer decide to do it this way? Is it one route faster than the other?

Many thanks and best of luck
Peddie x

Peddie, our LMO was done in Canada and then provided to us by the employer. The application to London was for the work permit.

englishbird Jun 12th 2012 3:17 pm

what job have u got if u dont mind me asking x:D