Introduction

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:53 am
Just Joined

leejay1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Introduction

Hi everyone,
finally introducing ourselves after reading about everyone else for so long, trying to emmigrate to Alberta, has taken us 18 months so far and now waiting for the CIC to ask for our passports to issue our visa's. Reading other peoples messages we know that we are not alone in this very frustrating process. We have four kids and can`t wait to go, hope everyone is having a nice Easter and not indulging in consuming too much chocolate.
Hopefully talk soon.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

254 has a spectacular aura about254 has a spectacular aura about254 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Introduction

hello!!

wherabouts in Alberta are you headed?

Fingers crossed that the passport requests come soon and good luck sorting everything else out.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Hi 254,
we are hopefully heading to Okotoks, my job offer will be based in Calgary, what about you ?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

254 has a spectacular aura about254 has a spectacular aura about254 has a spectacular aura about

we're way behind you, riiiight at the start of the process... putting in our SW PR application this week then settling down for the long wait.

We love BC but have looked elsewhere due to cost of living there, jobs etc and are currently looking at (and falling for) Nova Scotia (as are a lot of people in here, it seems!)
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Good luck and I hope everything goes well for you, make sure you dont lose your marbles during the process.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

fedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nice

Hi there and welcome.

I remember getting to the 18 months part and feeling like its never going to end but keep the faith you'll get there. We took 2 1/2 years altogether from the AOR to landing. We've been here since July 13th 07 (Ottawa) and believe you me I'll be happy to get off this roller coaster ride sometime soon and just become boring and normal for once. When the house has finished being built we can finally stop living out of a suitcase and settle our little butts down and grow some roots. The process is a long one, frustrating, irritating, exciting, boring, scary just to name a few adjectives but OH MY GOD...so worth it. Just keep going, nose to the grindstone, save up the pennies, do your homework and use the internet and this forum to zap everyone of every little bit of advice you can get, take some with a pinch of salt and some as gospel. But more than anything focus on the dream and then focus a bit more. Before you know it you'll be packing your cases and buying that one way ticket with nothing more than adrenalin to get you through it. Best of luck and Happy Easter to you and your family. -7 today, 3ft of snow outside, clear blue skies and sun shining. Went ski ing yesterday only 30 mins from home and cost 50 pounds for the hiring and ski passes for 2...bargain! Got you re-focused now hey?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that, has made me feel a bit more positive, going through this process is like nothing else, wish I never told anyone of our intentions, for the past 12-18 months the same people say to me everytime I see them "aint you gone yet", thought we would of been long gone by now, still the wait is well worth it judging from most of the comments on this site, fingers crossed not too long please
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 8:45 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

HI & welcome
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 8:52 pm
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

hi and welcome , we are about the same stage but i reckon we will be waiting forever , or have i gone mad due to the waiting already , haha
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the warm welcomes,