Reload this Page >

Interview Experience at NYC Consulate

Interview Experience at NYC Consulate

Old Aug 30th 2002, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Balaji is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview Experience at NYC Consulate

Hello Friends,

Did anyone had Interview at NYC Consulate? Any suggessions / sharing of Interview experiences is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Bala.
Old Aug 30th 2002, 6:17 am
Peter Wu

Default Re: Interview Experience at NYC Consulate

"Balaji" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Did anyone had Interview at NYC Consulate? Any suggessions / sharing
of
    > Interview experiences is highly appreciated.

I believe the interviews are case by case.

Old Aug 31st 2002, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Peter Wu:
"Balaji" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Did anyone had Interview at NYC Consulate? Any suggessions / sharing
of
    > Interview experiences is highly appreciated.

I believe the interviews are case by case.

Dear friends,

I understand each case is unique but can somebody post their interview exp. at NYC Consulate.

Regards,
Bala.
Old Sep 1st 2002, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Manish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really nice

Dear friends,

I understand each case is unique but can somebody post their interview exp. at NYC Consulate.

Regards,
Bala. [/QUOTE]
Regarding NYC consulate interview:
Reched 2 hours before time and was called after 35 minutes, the Visa officer was lady, she asked to show all orignal Educational Certificates, asked about the job duties have been performing, where i intend to land in Canada, Asked for Bank statements for proof of funds asked for orignal passport to varify the passport # in database, asked for marriage certificate( had Spouse with me), no questions to spouse were asked. asked for past exp letters from Employers and were shown.
asked , have i tried to find a job or search a job in Canada, replied YES, and shown the print outs of emails recieved.
she said interview is over and I have passed and can get my landing papers after 4-6 weeks if medical and back ground is ok, I recieved my landing papers after 2 months from Interview.
Interview was in Jan 2002.
Old Sep 1st 2002, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Friends,

If the Interview Officer asks what are the alternative plans if you could not find job in relavent field, is it ok to say that I am planning to do Masters in Canada ?

Regards,
Bala

Originally posted by Manish:
Dear friends,

Regards,
Bala.
Regarding NYC consulate interview:
Reched 2 hours before time and was called after 35 minutes, the Visa officer was lady, she asked to show all orignal Educational Certificates, asked about the job duties have been performing, where i intend to land in Canada, Asked for Bank statements for proof of funds asked for orignal passport to varify the passport # in database, asked for marriage certificate( had Spouse with me), no questions to spouse were asked. asked for past exp letters from Employers and were shown.
asked , have i tried to find a job or search a job in Canada, replied YES, and shown the print outs of emails recieved.
she said interview is over and I have passed and can get my landing papers after 4-6 weeks if medical and back ground is ok, I recieved my landing papers after 2 months from Interview.
Interview was in Jan 2002. [/QUOTE]