Reload this Page >

Internet/phone

Internet/phone

Old Jun 9th 2015, 5:31 am
Just Joined

Brit_Mal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Internet/phone

Hello,

May I ask what the app is that you use on your phone to make call back to the UK for as little as 1c per 2 min?
Old Jun 9th 2015, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit_Mal
Hello,

May I ask what the app is that you use on your phone to make call back to the UK for as little as 1c per 2 min?
Rebtel its in most phone app stores
1c per minute is standard, 1c per 2 minutes is when they sell you credit at 50% off so i buy lots lol
It works just like your phone which means i chat away to family on blue tooth which can be either a head set or in my car which is blue tooth equipped, other apps etc wont work through blue tooth for some reason.
Once installed it reads your contacts and you can check the rate before you call, please note quoted rates are in US dollars so change it to canadian.

It works through your home wifi OR i have unlimited canada calling so it uses that to connect into their system then charges for the long distance part at 1c per minute to landlines in the UK, beware calling a cell there costs more, unless they have it on their cell which then its supposed to be free calling them.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Brit_Mal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Juggernaut1064
Rebtel its in most phone app stores
1c per minute is standard, 1c per 2 minutes is when they sell you credit at 50% off so i buy lots lol
It works just like your phone which means i chat away to family on blue tooth which can be either a head set or in my car which is blue tooth equipped, other apps etc wont work through blue tooth for some reason.
Once installed it reads your contacts and you can check the rate before you call, please note quoted rates are in US dollars so change it to canadian.

It works through your home wifi OR i have unlimited canada calling so it uses that to connect into their system then charges for the long distance part at 1c per minute to landlines in the UK, beware calling a cell there costs more, unless they have it on their cell which then its supposed to be free calling them.

Thanks- This helps!!
Old Jun 10th 2015, 11:14 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

If you're thinking of VIOP then consider Callcentric
Old Jun 10th 2015, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Call Shaw and ask to speak to customer retention, they can work deals out price wise sometimes to discourage you from leaving, we called to actually cancel as we were going to try and independent company that was mentioned on here by a few in another thread, and Shaw matched their price for 1 year, so in a year, I'll cancel if they won't continue the match.
Old Jun 11th 2015, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow ... I tried that with Shaw and they wouldn't budge. And it's going to be $112 from August!

Maybe I will try again. Can you remember the name of the indep. company? (to check their prices).

Thanks very much.

S
Old Jun 11th 2015, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Wow ... I tried that with Shaw and they wouldn't budge. And it's going to be $112 from August!

Maybe I will try again

Thanks.
wow my telus only gets over $100 if i watch a lot of movies on demand.
Old Jun 11th 2015, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

So we have internet 25; landline; basic TV. What services do you have?
Maybe it's cheaper in Edmonton ...

S
Old Jun 11th 2015, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Snowy560
So we have internet 25; landline; basic TV. What services do you have?
Maybe it's cheaper in Edmonton ...

S
internet 25, optic TV and i'll have to check when i'm home on what package lol
No landline i just use a cell which will be bundled with telus soon.
I do have a few movie channels with my package
I like the wireless TV thing i can put my TVs where ever i like regardless of a cable or phone socket.
But i think my first year came to an end recently as one channel kept saying my subscription was over soon so i should call Telus and find out.

Edit:
Just remembered, Telus came round door to door when i was having issues with shaw, I may have got a one off deal with them ? Sometimes with door to door sales you do get that, I'll have to call them and see where i am with cost changes that may happen soon.

Last edited by Juggernaut1064; Jun 11th 2015 at 3:06 am.
Old Jun 11th 2015, 4:47 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit_Mal
Hello,

We use Google Voice. You can call from a computer (via your gmail account) or from Hangouts on your phone (install the Hangouts Dialer). Costs 1c/min to call a UK landline, and calls to the US are free. We've been using it for a few months now and it's been great.
Old Jun 14th 2015, 11:39 am
Pretty Fly For A Whiteguy

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute

Been using Skype for almost 7 years now as my main provider. $13.99/month and that redirects all incoming calls to my cellphone. Unlimited worldwide from any PC in the house, and from the cellphone it just uses bandwidth when on the road. Works flawlessly.
Old Jun 16th 2015, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

I just switched my cell to Telus, $100+ tax gets me the usual unlimited, text, picture/video messaging, Unlimited calls in Nth America, 3.5gb of Data
But what surprised me is $20 of my bill gets me unlimited calls to the UK cell or landline !!!!
I have signed up for that and i'll confirm it with a Telus store too when i have a chance. It is on their website though but as much as i grilled the guy in India (huge lag on the phone call lol) i couldnt find any catches to the unlimited UK calls !!!

TELUS Mobility - International Calling | TELUS.com