Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Internet payments

Internet payments

Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Internet payments

I've got a quick question about payment of fees over the internet. It was discussed in another post the other day, but I've got a slightly different query.

To start with, there's a query about where you are supposed to state that your fees are going to. You have the option (amongst others) of Mississauga, or a consulate outside of Canada. If you select the consulate outside of Canada (thinking London), you get a message saying you cannot pay fees online if you are sending your fees to a consulate outside of Canada. Technically, since our spousal application is going to Mississauga first, can we use this?

Since the exchange rate is currently so terrible, and we have some funds in Canadian dollars already, we're looking into other ways to pay the fees than online with our British cards. We're planning to open a bank account in Canada in the next couple of weeks, then moving our Canadian dollars into it (my parents are currently holding the funds in their CAD account for the moment). Would there be a problem paying the fees online with a Canadian card while the address relating to the account is the UK?

Alternatively there is an option of getting a form posted to you, and after filling it in you pay the fees into a Canadian financial institution. I've sent off for one of these forms (sending it to my brother in Toronto) just in case.

I guess the summary is...can we pay online (I know others seem to have been able to), and if not, is there anything we should be aware of when using the form?

Thanks.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Internet payments

Doh! Sorry, posted in the wrong forum!
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:12 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
I've got a quick question about payment of fees over the internet. It was discussed in another post the other day, but I've got a slightly different query.

To start with, there's a query about where you are supposed to state that your fees are going to. You have the option (amongst others) of Mississauga, or a consulate outside of Canada. If you select the consulate outside of Canada (thinking London), you get a message saying you cannot pay fees online if you are sending your fees to a consulate outside of Canada. Technically, since our spousal application is going to Mississauga first, can we use this?

Since the exchange rate is currently so terrible, and we have some funds in Canadian dollars already, we're looking into other ways to pay the fees than online with our British cards. We're planning to open a bank account in Canada in the next couple of weeks, then moving our Canadian dollars into it (my parents are currently holding the funds in their CAD account for the moment). Would there be a problem paying the fees online with a Canadian card while the address relating to the account is the UK?

Alternatively there is an option of getting a form posted to you, and after filling it in you pay the fees into a Canadian financial institution. I've sent off for one of these forms (sending it to my brother in Toronto) just in case.

I guess the summary is...can we pay online (I know others seem to have been able to), and if not, is there anything we should be aware of when using the form?

Thanks.
since our spousal application is going to Mississauga first, can we use this?
Your fees go to mississauga.

Would there be a problem paying the fees online with a Canadian card while the address relating to the account is the UK?
You can pay with anybodys (with there approval of course) credit card, just make sure you note your file number as a reference.

You didn't believe me when i told you on your other thread that you could pay your fees online so i suppose you won't believe this either
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
since our spousal application is going to Mississauga first, can we use this?
Your fees go to mississauga.

Would there be a problem paying the fees online with a Canadian card while the address relating to the account is the UK?
You can pay with anybodys (with there approval of course) credit card, just make sure you note your file number as a reference.

You didn't believe me when i told you on your other thread that you could pay your fees online so i suppose you won't believe this either
It's not that I didn't believe you, it's just you said that you paid your fees to London, which isn't an option on the website, so I wanted to confirm.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:55 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
It's not that I didn't believe you, it's just you said that you paid your fees to London, which isn't an option on the website, so I wanted to confirm.
OK, i thought i just mentioned that you could pay online, i didn't realise i actually said london.
Anyway, you know now so you can go ahead and pay them. You can use any credit card, held by anyone (i used my brothers). Just make sure they marry up the payment with your file number, if you do it online you can print out your own receipt.
Good luck and best wishes
Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for clarifying, I feel a lot better (and less confused!) now. We'll get the fees paid within the next two weeks and FINALLY be shot of this application!