Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

International calling cards / services

International calling cards / services

Old Apr 1st 2013, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all
Default International calling cards / services

Has anyone on here used these international calling card/service things?

I'm going to need to call a Canadian and want to do it cheap as chips.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International calling cards / services

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
Has anyone on here used these international calling card/service things?

I'm going to need to call a Canadian and want to do it cheap as chips.
Years ago,

When I did it it gave you an 0845 number which you would call then using their phone to dial out to Canada so what goes on your phone bill is the 0845 rate it usually has a minutes cap I.E. 500 minutes for a fiver.

I am sure there are 0800 ones aswell.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 8:26 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

There are various companies that do it, can not think of the name now as it was a few years ago but I used one that you dialled a London 0207 number and then you were charged a flat fee depending on country. Id assume these days a voip maybe easier
Old Apr 1st 2013, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
There are various companies that do it, can not think of the name now as it was a few years ago but I used one that you dialled a London 0207 number and then you were charged a flat fee depending on country. Id assume these days a voip maybe easier
Voip?
Old Apr 1st 2013, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Voip?
Voice over internet protocol.

In other words computer based phone services.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ArthurBrit
Voice over internet protocol.

In other words computer based phone services.
Aaaah. No idea how that works. Do they still sell those international phone cards?
Old Apr 1st 2013, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aaaah. No idea how that works. Do they still sell those international phone cards?
I would guess they do.