Reload this Page >

Information on Rushtons beach Nova Scotia

Information on Rushtons beach Nova Scotia

Old Mar 7th 2010, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

uktonovascotia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Information on Rushtons beach Nova Scotia

Hi

Does anyone have any information on Rushtons beach? We have found a bit of information but not that much , cannot seem to find any pictures either. Is it a good place to visit with young kids? Is it easy to find/well sign posted? I have looked through older posts and cannot find this beach mentioned.

Thanks
Old Mar 7th 2010, 7:08 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Information on Rushtons beach Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by uktonovascotia
Hi

Does anyone have any information on Rushtons beach? We have found a bit of information but not that much , cannot seem to find any pictures either. Is it a good place to visit with young kids? Is it easy to find/well sign posted? I have looked through older posts and cannot find this beach mentioned.

Thanks
It's a nice beach between Tatamagouche and River John, about 4 kms east of Brule Beach on The Northumberland Straight. It would be fine for young children. The water is warm. I learned to water ski there about 40 years ago. Sorry I don't have any pictures. Have you googled "Rushtons Beach, Nova Scotia" ? There is some info there. It's easy to find, just off the Sunrise Trail.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:02 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

I've been there a few times, coincidentally I took the dog there yesterday for a quick walk (the second last picture in the Winter waterfall pictures thread was taken there).

The cool thing about that beach is the river which is shallow and cuts through the sand and into the Straight. In summer the river can be as warm as the water in the Straight ("bath tub" temperature ).

I've taken my kid there (at ages 5/6) and she loves it , as she does any beach, but the river made it more memorable.

It is easy to miss the entrance (which has a house number, 7 hundred and something I think nearby), also it is quite a hike to the beach from the car park for a little'un. I might have some pictures of the place... I'll take a look when I get the chance.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:32 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go... take a look at this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7823388. Pics of Rushtons can be found at the end of the forth post (the last 8) and the beginning of the fifth post.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

uktonovascotia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Greenhill
Here you go... take a look at this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7823388. Pics of Rushtons can be found at the end of the forth post (the last 8) and the beginning of the fifth post.
Looks very nice. Definitely on our list of places to see when we vist in June. Thanks for sharing and thank you all for the responses.