Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Indian Take Away in Canada

Indian Take Away in Canada

Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Take Away in Canada

Gordon Ramsay's vegetable curry is quick and tasty - instructions/video at the Times podcast link - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...say/fast_food/
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:02 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

What I would do for a nice curry now...the local Indian restaurants here (all of 2 of them) are pretty damn awful compared to my local back home.

I'm not one of these people who misses English things like tea bags and marmite but a decent curry once a month is definitely worth the 3hr drive into Vancouver.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:45 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Just move to brampton

Curries on par with the best you could find in Brimingham
Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Kabel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cneldred
...i love Indian grub especially Chicken Tikka Massala.
Technically it's a dish mostly unknown in India .
Its routes are not agreed on but the British feature in each theory of origin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_Tikka_Massala

That being said it is fantastic and although I feel like a cliche every time I order it from a restaurant, I still love it!

Anyone else had this sort of invite, and anyone want to share recipes when she has written it all down?
I've got a great curry recipe book but none I've tried so far are the same as from a takeaway, so make sure you do post the recipe your OH gets taught!

I have a sneaky feeling that the amount of gee they use may be key.

Originally Posted by dbd33
Living in the Beach we were spoiled, we could get delivery from several places in Little India. Since we're moved to the middle of nowhere I've been picking up food in Brampton, it's too far for the food to stay hot so the choice is limited to items that reheat well.
One suggestion for keeping takeaway food hot, use a cool bag. Works the same to keep the heat in as it would to do for cooled items.
On the days when we are hankering for slutty food and really can't be arsed to cook anything the cool bag works great for keeping the KFC warm.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a thing on my pc called "CurryExpert".

Loads of recipes - even tells you how to make the base sauce that most Indian restaurants/takeaways use.

Made the missus and her mate a vegetable korma from it and they thought they'd been transported to Rusholme...
Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

right where do we get 'curryexpert' from, i have been told about the base sauce, our local call it their gravy.

Chris
Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:52 am
Canadiain

Notiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud of

right where do we get 'curryexpert' from, i have been told about the base sauce, our local call it their gravy.

Chris
ebay
Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Are you pulling my leg?? I just did a search on .com and .co.uk and nothing.

Missus is home, it was beautiful, she said she will test it at home later in the week and then when we confirm it tastes the same put the recipe here.

Chris
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:03 am
Canadiain

Notiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud of

Are you pulling my leg?? I just did a search on .com and .co.uk and nothing.

Missus is home, it was beautiful, she said she will test it at home later in the week and then when we confirm it tastes the same put the recipe here.

Chris
Look harder, I just put one on my watch list, and I'm not posting a link as I want it for myself

Shipping will be 5 quid though!!!
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

give me a clue
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:11 am
Canadiain

give me a clue
I did, its on ebay Google is your friend
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

found it!!!
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:13 am
Canadiain

found it!!!
Bugger.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Now in West London, but one day soon in Vancouver.....!
julius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond repute

when we were in canada (ontario to be precise), we used to hang out in a place near Square 1 in mississauga, called Taste of India. this indian restaurant is newly set-up--i seem to remember that this used to be a greek restaurant before but one which did not do much business.
anyway, taste of india is very nicely decorated, the service is great, and the food is genuine north indian, so you can choose from the very hot, to mildly so for those who cannot stand too much chilli.
we used to make an effort to eat there at least twice a month. do try it.
another one we used to frequent was one in the indian area in downtown toronto, called Bombay something...food was excellent.
by the way, did you know that eating chillies is very good for the blood and also helps the body get rid of many toxins, as it causes you to perspire?
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

BATUSVirgin is an unknown quantity at this point

Try Madhur Jaffreys Ultimate Curry Bible, really easy recipes and taste fantastic!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.