Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Importing of gaming/slot machine

Importing of gaming/slot machine

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice
Default Importing of gaming/slot machine

I have an old slot machine (one armed bandit) that I have had for 30yrs and become quite attached to it. I would love to take it to canada with me and put it in my bar/games room. (I'm sure all you ex pat guys had the same dream .)

However, the penny just dropped am I allowed to take this to canada?
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

cargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nice
Default Re: Importing of gaming/slot machine

Originally Posted by skyturner
I have an old slot machine (one armed bandit) that I have had for 30yrs and become quite attached to it. I would love to take it to canada with me and put it in my bar/games room. (I'm sure all you ex pat guys had the same dream .)

However, the penny just dropped am I allowed to take this to canada?
This maybe a daft question, but who is going to have british money to put in it?
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice

it has 100's of pennies inside it, so just for fun (eventually an antique/novelty)
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 11:02 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

I would have though you would be OK put it down as Antique/Novelty game machine.

You can't gamble with legal Canadian currency with it, so it should be OK. But they are a bit funny about gambling here, so you never know.

It may be one of those occasions were its best not to officially ask in advance, but rather take "the say sorry after" approach if found out.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
I would have though you would be OK put it down as Antique/Novelty game machine.

You can't gamble with legal Canadian currency with it, so it should be OK. But they are a bit funny about gambling here, so you never know.

It may be one of those occasions were its best not to officially ask in advance, but rather take "the say sorry after" approach if found out.
Thanks for that, a little unsure about the keeping shtum bit and hoping it will be ok.....I am not a gambling man

They could see it as possibly being converted (it was converted from the old British penny to the new small penny.

Probably will do that and just hope its ok....although the machine is worth a good few 100£'s and would hate to see it confiscated.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute

My main concern would be voltage. You'll need a converter if it isn't multivoltage.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SambaDeAmigo
My main concern would be voltage. You'll need a converter if it isn't multivoltage.
It's a one arm bandit! not a modern slot machine. but thanks anyway.