Important

Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

meanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant future
Exclamation Important

How is the beer in Canada
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:23 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Important

Originally Posted by meanjock
Depends.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:25 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

What do you like at the moment?
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

meanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Depends.
I live in German at the moment and the beer is the best in the world is the beer there the same as beer in britain
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MCrocker
What do you like at the moment?
A nice cold crisp lager.aaaaahhhhh
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

Well this stuff isn't too bad, as lager goes, if you like your German stuff: Sleeman Cream Ale
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:45 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Iain Mc
Well this stuff isn't too bad, as lager goes, if you like your German stuff: Sleeman Cream Ale
I like that and have some in the fridge currently...

MGD, Bud, Sol, Heineken, Corrs, Steinlager, Grolsch etc. are all widely available in liquor stores. The cold bit comes as standard. actually having the beer in the stores in cold rooms is such a good idea and I don't know why they don't do it more in the UK - probably because the supermarkets sell most of the beer and they have limited cold space for beer and wine
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light

We have all the usual in the liquor store..Bud, Stella, Hoegarden, Caffrey's and then some Canadian stuff like Rickyards, Garrison etc which is nice.

I did get a friendly-moaning from Canadians when I drank Bud though...I think it was because it is from the US.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 2:50 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

I am glad to see you have got your priorties straight, job .... don't care, house..... don't care, money ........ hmmm maybe, will i have enough for beer. if the beer is c*** not going lol
Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steved61
I am glad to see you have got your priorties straight, job .... don't care, house..... don't care, money ........ hmmm maybe, will i have enough for beer. if the beer is c*** not going lol
Job got house who needs one loads a money
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

fuzzbuzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Here in Winnipeg The Toad in Osborne has Boddingtons on Draught, plus some Irish Beers including that Black Stuff

But some times, I still long, just a little bit, for a good pint of Greene King IPA, served a cellar temperature.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Beer

Still haven't found any Wadworth's here.

On our trip back to Wiltshire last year, we went to Devizes to visit our mate. I nearly cried when I saw the Wadworth's beer dray delivering the beer barrels around Devizes.

Sarah
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Beer

Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:50 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a problem. There's no beer tradition among Canadians. The beer industry is dominated by a couple of major firms and retail sales are subject to draconian regulation in most provinces. It's not a good country for beer drinkers.

Do try a Labatt 50 though, that's a different experience.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 2:33 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Do try a Labatt 50 though, that's a different experience.
You have a love hate relationship with this brand. I've never tried it, but I presume it's as innocuous and standard as the rest of John Labatt's products.

To the OP: you can find a great deal of very nice beers here (although many are not locally produced).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.