Reload this Page >

Impact of the Visitor Visa Refusal on PR Application

Impact of the Visitor Visa Refusal on PR Application

Old Aug 29th 2002, 8:53 am
Just Joined

amirismail is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Impact of the Visitor Visa Refusal on PR Application

Dear Sirs:

I applied for PR at CHC Colombo in Jan 2001. I am working as the Territory Manager in Pakistan for a Toronto based Canadian Immigration company and my job involves sales promotion of immigration services in the local market. I also hold a degree in computer science and persue a freelance web developer career besides working full time in immigration industry. On the basis of this, the case was filed under Computer Programmer Category.

In August 2001, my employer invited me to attend the annual welcome which is attended by all their agents all around the world. Unfortunately, the visa was denied on the grounds of Limited Travel History and Insufficient Ties to the home country. My president then communicated with the program manager in CHC Islamabad and I was given an opportunity to attend a personal interview with the visa officer.

I was still refused the visitor visa after the interview as I responded in affirmaton when he asked me if I had plans to migrate to Canada. I gave him the file number and he accessed the Colombo file . He then refused the application based on following points and noted this information in the CAIPS notes as well which I accessed later in Jan 2002.

1: I did not disclose to the immigration office in Islamabad beforehand that my immigration application was under process at CHC Colombo and hence I was not forthcoming and lied.
2: I did not pay the processing fee for the entire family but for myself although I have intentions to add them later and hence I am abusing the system.

I request all the experts in this forum to kindly let me know what kind of impact will it have on my application being processed in Colombo. Should I inform Colombo myslef what happened before the interview or should I wait till an interview? What steps can I take to ensure the authorities that I did not have any bad intentions and it was a genuine offer of visit from my employer which caused all things messed up. My mistake, I did not inform my employer about my immigration application. The visa officer has put in his CAIPS notes that "Colombo will be informed of the reasons of refusal of the visitor visa"

I know that it is a lengthy question but I had to give you all the background to enable you to respond.

Looking forward to an early response, I remain

Yours truly,

Amir Ismail