Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Immigration question

Immigration question

Old May 12th 2003, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Immigration question

I have been told this story. I want to know if it will work.

Someone I know, who is a Canadian citizen, went to live with her boyfriend in Chile for 6-7 months. Then she returned to Canada. She works in a care home in Canada and earns minimum wage. She says her employer is willing to lie and say that she will employ the boyfriend so that he can qualify for emigration to Canada.

I said that I would think that Immigration Canada would want some more assurance that an employer lying! I am sure that this has been tried before and they are not stupid.
Will this work??
Old May 14th 2003, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

MCannon is an unknown quantity at this point

Just having a job will not guarantee the status -- the employer needs to satisfy immigration that the person has special skills, etc. -- I am not sure what the job is but it doesn't sound like that is the case. Even so, if they just "lie" they are really setting themselves up as immigration will check after the fact and ask for proof.
Can you not try the conjugal partner route where you would sponsor the person? There may be some timing issues for you but it might be a safer way to go.
I might not be 100% accurate on the details but I don't think your option has a very good chance.