Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Immigration Policy

Immigration Policy

Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:38 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice
Default Re: Immigration Policy

I don't dare comment on EU, as there are so many people around here who shout "racist!" as soon as anyone dares to suggest that the EU is anything but perfection, but I do have to defend Earl Grey tea - or whatever it might be called now. It is absolutely delicious, but only if you get a decent one. Jackson's of Piccadilly is the best, but Twinings is acceptable, too. Twinings have also named a tea after the good Earl's wife - Lady Grey - which also contains bit of orange. It is a bit lighter and less perfumed than Earl Grey. I also love Lapsang Souchong.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:41 pm
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Nah, they're just a bunch of jumped up foreigners who've got it in for good old England cos we won the war and the 1966 world cup
TWO wars!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Talking Re: Immigration Policy

Originally Posted by Rhodes
I don't dare comment on EU, as there are so many people around here who shout "racist!" as soon as anyone dares to suggest that the EU is anything but perfection, but I do have to defend Earl Grey tea - or whatever it might be called now. It is absolutely delicious, but only if you get a decent one. Jackson's of Piccadilly is the best, but Twinings is acceptable, too. Twinings have also named a tea after the good Earl's wife - Lady Grey - which also contains bit of orange. It is a bit lighter and less perfumed than Earl Grey. I also love Lapsang Souchong.
But when it comes right down to it.....everyone knows that "only sissies" and the "weak at heart" drink tea".......coffee is for the strong and able......
Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:43 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Originally Posted by willmore
But when it comes right down to it.....everyone knows that "only sissies" and the "weak at heart" drink tea".......coffee is for the strong and able......
What on earth has happened to that Irish blood of yours?
Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:43 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Nah, they're just a bunch of jumped up foreigners who've got it in for good old England cos we won the war and the 1966 world cup
Last time I checked we won two wars! and pretty much all the warm up fixtures for 1000 years before that (with the exception of the US war of independence...but we let them win that one...right? )

To be fair though, since the glory days of 66 "they" won the WC in 74,82,90,98.... and were runners up every other time. Hmmmm, maybe there is something to be said for the EU after all.

Footy and politics...if thats not the recipie for a molitov coctail of a thread, i dont know what is! We could yet make it back into immigration territory on this thread...curcumnavigating the globe as it were!

Last edited by iaink; Sep 15th 2004 at 8:51 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:45 pm
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough

poofe!

Sorry! If we can't be accused of being racists, then lets try another tack!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:46 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by liftman
poofe!
Not another potty mouth!

Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:47 pm
Just going for Holidays

Originally Posted by iaink
Last time I checked we won two wars!

To be fair though, since the glory days of 66 "they" won the WC in 74,82,90,98.... and were runners up every other time. Hmmmm, maybe there is something to be said for the EU after all.

Footy and politics...if thats not the recipie for a molitov coctail of a thread, i dont know what is! We could yet make it back into immigration territory on this thread...curcumnavigating the globe as it were!

Lucky win for that other Merseyside team tonight.

No not Everton, the other one.....
Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:52 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky win for that other Merseyside team tonight.

No not Everton, the other one.....
Sorry, were Tranmere playing???
Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:54 pm
Just going for Holidays

Sorry, were Tranmere playing???
Now there is a name that takes me back
Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:55 pm
Just going for Holidays

Now there is a name that takes me back

100th Post on the thread!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:00 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

100th Post on the thread!
And also your 300th overall...Go Lifty Go! Give that man another gold star
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:15 pm
Just going for Holidays

And also your 300th overall...Go Lifty Go! Give that man another gold star
thank you young man!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Talking Re: Immigration Policy

What on earth has happened to that Irish blood of yours?
Oh, got watered down by the polish side I guess...and being a canadian. That was my biggest complaint in the UK but especially Ireland....it was impossible to get a good cup of coffee....when you asked if it was perked coffee they said yes and then made instant!!!!! Guess they just don't have the nack for coffee!!!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:26 pm
squarepants

Is that a guilty conscience coming out? It's not that people can't comment about EU or immigrants, its when they try to lump folks together, and make statements like "Am not a rascist but......"

But what? On the tea front, jacksons of piccadily are alright ( scary price ), but you have got to give it to Earl Grey, that one is the canine's testicles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.