Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

"Immigration for the parents"

"Immigration for the parents"

Old May 29th 2009, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

NomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really nice
Default "Immigration for the parents"

Folks of the BE...

I have a request that many an immigrant must have wanted the answer to:
I need to find something, anything that will make the transition of son from home to another continent easier. Preferably a book called, "Why your children want to emmigrate and why it's a good thing..." or something.

Please help me, I just want an easy life...
Old May 29th 2009, 8:02 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Immigration for the parents"

Originally Posted by NomadicJ
Folks of the BE...

I need to find something, anything that will make the transition of son from home to another continent easier. Preferably a book called, "Why your children want to emmigrate and why it's a good thing..." or something.

One easy word my frind - bribery
Old May 29th 2009, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

get him to send a private message to my daughter ( Hannah ) she can be found in the youth club on here - think she is the only one she will answer any questions he may have etc.

All kids have the same questions
Old May 29th 2009, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought the OP meant the parents who are left behind, not the parents of those who are being brought.

Either way tis tough.

Our mums were good about it. MIL makes comments all the time, such as "are you coming back home yet?" but not in a mean way. She misses her son and she's expressing it, but there's no emotional blackmail etc. She's too ill to make the journey so it's harder for her than for my mum who has been out here a few times.
Old May 30th 2009, 12:06 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NomadicJ
Folks of the BE...

Completely off topic, but a book I found useful when the boys were a certain age was entitled "Get out of my Life, but first can you drive Cheryl and me to the Mall".

Saved my sanity, that did.
Old May 30th 2009, 3:53 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Completely off topic, but a book I found useful when the boys were a certain age was entitled "Get out of my Life, but first can you drive Cheryl and me to the Mall".

Saved my sanity, that did.
That book can be found here on Amazon.